• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction for Fantastic Four #67 (deslabbed CGC 9.2) plus MP #1 & ST #178

50 posts in this topic

Yes it is!

Closing time was 12:30, board time.

And agro23 is the ^^ – PM incoming!

You so should have hyped the auction at 11:00 AM - most people get busy during the day.

It’s all good… these books spiked in an absurd way.

I guess I should be very grateful to the boardie which sold me a FF#45 time ago. :D

aggro has just sent the payment, so his book(s) will be mailed very soon! (thumbs u

I'm glad to get my hands on these before prices are out of control.

My collection thanks you! (thumbs u

It’s all good… these books spiked in an absurd way.

I guess I should be very grateful to the boardie which sold me a FF#45 time ago. :D

aggro has just sent the payment, so his book(s) will be mailed very soon! (thumbs u

:acclaim:

I'm not bidding, but I gotta ask... How is that Premiere #1 a VG+?

It absolutely looks better than that!

It has that missing chip on the lower right corner, and overall the bottom of the book has tanning (also in the inside pages). I think it might be a bit better as it would be a very nice copy without the defects (cover lies very flat and still glossy), but I kept the grade at which I bought it, which was assigned by Gary Dolgoff. :)

Thanks everyone!

I know there are certain boardies who have been cavalier in proclaiming Dolgoff "is living off his reputation" or something to that effect, but this seems to stand as another example of what I've found from firsthand experience on numerous occasions: he's a good guy and seriously one of the tightest graders I've ever bought from.

I mean, if all the "VG+" copies I've ever been sold were this nice, my collection would be enjoying a serious upgrade...

@zuulioso: :foryou: (and the others were very sweet as well!).

I know there are certain boardies who have been cavalier in proclaiming Dolgoff "is living off his reputation" or something to that effect, but this seems to stand as another example of what I've found from firsthand experience on numerous occasions: he's a good guy and seriously one of the tightest graders I've ever bought from.

I mean, if all the "VG+" copies I've ever been sold were this nice, my collection would be enjoying a serious upgrade...

Yes, as a (then broke) foreign collector Gary was really a Godsend: not only he graded super-tightly (a Mint book probably goes out of scale for him) but he also had very fair prices.

Actually I checked and the MP#1 was graded as a VG, and I even think it’s been me that I inadvertently knocked out the missing piece a long time ago. :D