• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Crossed

31 posts in this topic

A crossed film if it was true to the comics would definitely be an nc-17. I've read it and some of the content is pretty crazy. This is coming from a guy that loves gore and weird . lol

The stupid over the top gore doesn't really add anything to the story... and anyway, it isn't really much worse than I've seen in movies like Saw or Hostel. I personally don't like the whole 'gore for gore's sake' concept that Avatar seems to live for anyway... I think many of their best books (I'm talking to you Uber) would be much better without it.

Long story short... adapt the story, not the visuals.... keep the 'crossed' mark though. That is cool design.

As far as Ennis being top of the heap, agreed that is subjective. His post preacher material The Boys, Crossed and chronicles of wormwood were fun and I enjoyed them.

Red Team was underrated too. I honestly wouldn't be all that surprised if a movie was made out of it eventually. One of the main characters was clearly drawn to look like Idris Elba for goodness sake!

Since the writers on this book (or series of books) change often it really depends on what the creative team is as to if it's a good story or not. I still read Crossed: Badlands 2x a month and have every issue that's come out so far. The current arc is ok. Lapham does some good stuff. Hine has had a few key moments. I can't wait to see what Moore does!!!

Crossed +100 issue 5 came out yesterday. For those who don't know, it's written by Alan Moore and is set 100 years after the original Crossed outbreak.

I have to say I generally find Crossed unreadable - I'm just not that into that sort of super-gory horror and sexual violence etc.

BUT Crossed +100 has been a great series, and issue 5 is the best issue of the series so far. It really makes you realise (if you didn't already) what a genius Alan Moore is. For all that I like Garth Ennis (and I do, a lot), there's no way he would have thought of taking things in the direction that Moore has done.

You don't need to know anything about the previous Crossed books to read +100, and I strongly recommend that people check it out.

Crossed +100 issue 5 came out yesterday. For those who don't know, it's written by Alan Moore and is set 100 years after the original Crossed outbreak.

I have to say I generally find Crossed unreadable - I'm just not that into that sort of super-gory horror and sexual violence etc.

BUT Crossed +100 has been a great series, and issue 5 is the best issue of the series so far. It really makes you realise (if you didn't already) what a genius Alan Moore is. For all that I like Garth Ennis (and I do, a lot), there's no way he would have thought of taking things in the direction that Moore has done.

You don't need to know anything about the previous Crossed books to read +100, and I strongly recommend that people check it out.

I started reading it recently, and I can't wait for the new issue. It's brilliant stuff. I love the language he uses, it takes time to get your head around, but after a while the pigeon English starts to make sense. The art is fantastic too.