• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Auction screw-up ... books returned. CLOSED

109 posts in this topic

The problem is about their terms what I had read. That's what I am wondering.

You're focused on that "Items are sold as is where is" and "no guarantees/warranties/refunds or exchanges" legalese. Like all players are on their own, a deal's a deal, no protections, wild wild west, last man standing.

It's really not like that. It's just a screw up. Not a screw up in your favor. Not in this instance.

My friend and I went home by bus with my comic box lugged all the way.

I would suggest that you either email or snail mail the auction house and explain what happened, printing a copy of the communication for yourself.

In it, tell them that you have no transportation of your own, and they will need to make arrangements to pick up the other lots from your home.

After all, why should you have to pay bus fare and go to the effort of hauling the boxes back, because of their screw-up?

In any event that should CYA, and if you never hear back from them, then you might feel justified in keeping the booty. Contacting the other bidders won't do any good, unless they can prove that they paid for the lots.

Technically the auction was 'as is' which includes containing mistaken lots..... hm

He took delivery of 3 lots. Unknowingly. Two more lots than he's entitled to. "As is" only applies to what he did purchase.

No he took one lot 'as is' which contained extra lots....but he took it 'as is' hm

Technically the auction was 'as is' which includes containing mistaken lots..... hm

He took delivery of 3 lots. Unknowingly. Two more lots than he's entitled to. "As is" only applies to what he did purchase.

No he took one lot 'as is' which contained extra lots....but he took it 'as is' hm

lol Right. So if a guy across town buys a small TV at the same store you bought a 70", and the delivery men mistakenly dump both at his place, he's entitled to keep it?

Or an airline mistakenly rings your door delivering someone else's lost luggage?

I don't think so.

It doesnt exactly sound like he got *extra* lots. It sounds as if he was bidding on lots of heat sealed books and basing his bids on the amount of books contained within. If he then won and paid for those lots just as he saw them and bid on them, they should be his and the auction house can pay for their own mistake.

Ok folks, listen up.

I had sent an email to Able Auctions with the full explained statement this morning, so I will wait for their reply.

I do agree on the return of these lots. in fact, I do believe the lot # 106 should be returned with the hidden lots inside the heat sealed bags. All everything together back to them. My friend and I had been discussing on that matter and we come to understand that something is off about the lot. I'm not comfortable about this and think it should be declared null and void.

See, Able Auctions is notorious with how the label stickers are placed on each lot. I had seen that in the past few auctions, so I knew how carefully they do in their process in there. But this lot I just got? That is what bothers me.

Why were the hidden lots with their numbered labels put inside the lot #106 and were heat-sealed in the first place? Their labels cannot be seen at the point, since the Spider-Man copies had covered these comics in there - front and back. That is the question I posed to Able Auctions in the email.

It's their responsibility to fix out and I am returning everything back whatever - I don't want be part of their mess, period. I like my comics be clean and crime-free.

You're freaking out over incompetence, some internal screw up. Like it's sinister or something.

If you see labeled Lot numbers just compare them to the catalog and keep what's yours. Return the others.

Online visual of lots - Sunday September 14th 2014, 9:30am (EXPIRED)

Word doc download - Comic Cat1.doc

Lot #106 - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #23,27,29,35 & 100 (1965-71)

20519610_1m.jpg

Crime free? That seems a bit.....dramatic.

lol Are you kidding? I think not. I wouldn't be surprised if Able Auctions had already notified police when they found out the 2 lots were missing. Auction houses tend to have video cameras recorded in their place. That is the reason why I sent them an email to inform them of what's happened. Let them know that.

Enough with drama, please ok? I have no interest in such that subject. Wait until I get a reply from them first.