• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Most underappreciated Character

59 posts in this topic

So I've been reading the New 52 Aquaman run and it I really really enjoy it. Not ashamed to say it. It got me thinking about Aquaman and how the guy really doesn't catch a break. I mean even Zack Snyder had to call a radio show to defend him. So I pose the question to the rest of you, who is your favorite under appreciated character and why.

As far as Aquaman, he can command sea life which is pretty cool, super strong, can breath under water, the guy's royalty, his trident is so sharp it can cut Superman, and Mera doesn't hurt either :devil: And while a fortress of solitude and a Batcave are nice and all that, there's still some understated charm about a cool lighthouse right on the edge of the water in Maine.

Wait his trident can cut superman???? Nothing is sharper than broken glass why cant that cut him? Glass edges can be one molecule thick and they use it for ultramicrotomy.

Wait his trident can cut superman???? Nothing is sharper than broken glass why cant that cut him? Glass edges can be one molecule thick and they use it for ultramicrotomy.

The trident is probably infused with magic. (shrug)

That's just stupid. Superman would twist that thing into a pretzel and stick it up Arthur's butt.

Superhero?

If so, I’d say either the Defenders or Dr. Strange.

Not easily appreciated by the larger slice of readership, it appears.

I’d go with the Son of Satan and other "minor" characters as well, but in some cases it has been Marvel itself that ruined them.

Warlock? Could be, despite all the current speculation.

Surely I am not convinced of what they did with him in the 1990s. He was dead, after all… ;)

That's just stupid. Superman would twist that thing into a pretzel and stick it up Arthur's butt.

It probably takes Alan Moore's Krypton mushroom to knock down Superman for good. :)