• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Superman #1 John Byrne Rumors? Movie? Hype?

29 posts in this topic

For all the joking, I did enjoy the Byrne Supermans. They are good comics.

If you're going to hype one though, I'd go with the one with the cool Joker cover. :)

The back-up story in that book is an all time favorite of mine.

If you're going to hype one though, I'd go with the one with the cool Joker cover. :)

My favorite cover of Byrne's run is on issue 5 "The Mummy Strikes!". Interestingly, I stuck with this title through Byrne's entire run which was a first for a DC title. I had bought DC books before this title, but never for more than a few issues. I also like the cover to the first issue.

It's hard to believe that first issue came out over 25 years ago.

+1

"Metropolis 900 Mi." is a great read, too bad it was left out of the Man of Steel anthology reprinting all the Superman books from 1987.

Just testing a theory.

Wasn't Superman #1 a great issue? I think, of all the 1987 DC #1s (really, shouldn't that be considered a watershed year for DC?), that this one gets short shrift.

I mean, it's Byrne...and Superman! And #1!

:whistle:

How about the first John Byrne Lex Luthor where Byrne redesigned him as an evil corporate billionaire executive?

Does anybody know what first appearance that was?

Let`s face it Lex Luthor was pretty bland, until John Byrne made him cool.

PostCrisis-Luthor-2.jpg

Is that the one where LL screws with the waitress? (Because if so, that is really a great story perfectly illustrating how evil he is.)

Are there any more short stories like this one in the early Bryne Superman books? Both this and a Jimmy Olsen short from Action #599 are left out the Man of Steel volumes that DC had been slowly putting out over the years, this makes me wonder if there are any other little gems I don't know about.