• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lucifer

28 posts in this topic

No way this makes it to air. The religious right will have a fit.

Well... it does at least treat that belief system as if it has a kernel of truth in the middle, so it has that going for it.The devil is a sympathetic figure though, but... it is all fantasy and fiction.

Most people still view comic books as trivial so people can still just roll their eyes at any complaints about the blasphemous nature of the source material and say "Dude, it's just a comic book!"

Still, I think you're sadly right, there will be a very loud minority that screams about it, especially if they named it 'Lucifer' since it would be easily recognizable by name without them having to know anything about the actual source material.

But... it would sure look nice back to back with Constantine. Never really dreamed I'd ever see Lucifer produced for any screen - small or big. Mike Carey is one of my all time favorites writers, and this series is one of my all time favorite books, so I sort of hope it happens.

Have you ever watched a WB episode of Supernatural? The devil and demon themes are a massive part of the story in that show 2c .

And supernatural has been on the air for years now.

It has about as much chance of getting on air as all the other shows that are "in development"

(thumbs u

Except this was picked up by a major network, not SyFy.

Which is often worse. Refer to The Sixth Gun.

Have you ever watched a WB episode of Supernatural? The devil and demon themes are a massive part of the story in that show 2c .

Is Satan the main protagonist?

Yeah I only have watched a few but he is and other minions, hell hounds (invisible mind you) and many more occult creatures.

YES

And you can get his sig at a few cons this year. ;)

And supernatural has been on the air for years now.

8 seasons strong. :)

Interesting. I should probably check that one out. It's been on forever and somehow I've never seen it.

To begin with for the first couple of seasons it's exceptionally cheesy. You have to kinda get through those to get to some of the better episodes and places where there are decent in jokes. At about season 7 I think the production team changed because they didn't want to stop making something so popular. It was on shaky ground for a while and felt a bit weak but managed to pick things up again.