• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Missing Centerfold = 4.5 Universal?

39 posts in this topic

Something's wrong ....

Yeah, CGC quality control...

lol There are a lot of screwups.

After grading 3 MIL books there are going to be a few.

The book was either supposed to have a Green qualified label or the grade is wrong.

Something's wrong ....

The book was either supposed to have a Green qualified label or the grade is wrong.

Depends on what you mean by a "few." Granted we tend to focus on the errors, thereby perhaps exaggerating their frequency. But it seems to me that there are flaws in their QC procedures that allow too many mistakes to slip through.

Depends on what you mean by a "few." Granted we tend to focus on the errors, thereby perhaps exaggerating their frequency. But it seems to me that there are flaws in their QC procedures that allow too many mistakes to slip through.

From a corporate POV, statistically speaking, what's an acceptable error percentage? I have no idea.

Yeah that's probably it. Glod.

Well, grading it as a GLOD 4.5 with the note on the missing centerfold allows me to make a much more informed purchasing decision than simply grading it as a blue CGC 0.5 book which could mean almost anything it seems. hm

Something's wrong ....

If left unremidied it casts in doubt the whole validity of the certification.

One way CGC could at least remidy to some extent would be to have a web page where the CGC numbers of all errors are recorded and publicly available. Then the correct grade would be there. Or at least a note from CGC that the grade on the slab is wrong.

This would allow everyone to go there and check before buying a slab.