• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So I received an interesting phone call last week...

495 posts in this topic

Calling him a twit is kind?

He said I don't work hard, I'm not fair and I'm dishonest.

Three towards me and one back to him.

Peace,

Chip

Could be based on all your posts about how lazy you think you are/were. Perhaps, as others have stated, you bring this on yourself? BTW, how's the WTB thread for videogames going?

@comix4fun - kudos sir.

@ Chip - your ability to play the income inequality card and have it bite you in the buttocks knows no bounds.

How so? It depends on the books, I suppose. It also depends on what's "accepted" by the forum police here as what percentage is deemed "worthy."

Sure, if I sell $100,000 worth of books that I bought for $1,000 I have no problem giving thousands back...but $50,000? Really? Everyone here that's NOT well-off would do that?

Peace,

Chip

:eyeroll:

Oh, so you would do that? Just give away $50k?

Must be nice to be that well-off.

Peace,

Chip

Nah, not really well-off. But that has nothing to do with being a person with integrity and good morals.

Peace.

Cricket

I think you're getting precariously close to judging someone(s) on the very core of their person and saying that they lack morals. I would say its not as black and white as some people think.

Certainly its nice to be nice and give to charity or share with those who helped you along the way, but a vast majority of us are employed essentially because people can buy something at a lower price and sell it at a higher price (with varying profit margins). I'm not sure anyone should have to apologize for working hard to make a 5% profit or a 500% profit, as long as they aren't lying to people or breaking laws. We all come from different places and have different stories. I know I'm not as well off as some, and I know that while some people can be wildly successful based on hard work and intelligence, the vast majority of us are trying to grind it out to give our kids a better life than we have, and sometimes that involves working hard to put ourselves in positions to capitalize on lottery tickets we come across.

To sit from a distance and judge those specific actions as immoral ... well.... I think we should take more consideration before doing it.

I am only guessing, but I believe the backlash on Chip came from his equating an unforeseen and not bargained for windfall that (even if a good portion was given back to the people with whom he struck the deal) would leave him fabulous profit margin beyond his planning or hopes with taking money out of his pocket that was his to begin with and that he would actually be deprived of....

When you call money you never had, and never would have had without this deal in the first place something that you can't "afford" to share you're going to have logic bombs exploding all around you.

@comix4fun - kudos sir.

@ Chip - your ability to play the income inequality card and have it bite you in the buttocks knows no bounds.

How so? It depends on the books, I suppose. It also depends on what's "accepted" by the forum police here as what percentage is deemed "worthy."

Sure, if I sell $100,000 worth of books that I bought for $1,000 I have no problem giving thousands back...but $50,000? Really? Everyone here that's NOT well-off would do that?

Peace,

Chip

:eyeroll:

Oh, so you would do that? Just give away $50k?

Must be nice to be that well-off.

Peace,

Chip

Nah, not really well-off. But that has nothing to do with being a person with integrity and good morals.

Peace.

Cricket

I think you're getting precariously close to judging someone(s) on the very core of their person and saying that they lack morals. I would say its not as black and white as some people think.

Certainly its nice to be nice and give to charity or share with those who helped you along the way, but a vast majority of us are employed essentially because people can buy something at a lower price and sell it at a higher price (with varying profit margins). I'm not sure anyone should have to apologize for working hard to make a 5% profit or a 500% profit, as long as they aren't lying to people or breaking laws. We all come from different places and have different stories. I know I'm not as well off as some, and I know that while some people can be wildly successful based on hard work and intelligence, the vast majority of us are trying to grind it out to give our kids a better life than we have, and sometimes that involves working hard to put ourselves in positions to capitalize on lottery tickets we come across.

To sit from a distance and judge those specific actions as immoral ... well.... I think we should take more consideration before doing it.

I am only guessing, but I believe the backlash on Chip came from his equating an unforeseen and not bargained for windfall that (even if a good portion was given back to the people with whom he struck the deal) would leave him fabulous profit margin beyond his planning or hopes with taking money out of his pocket that was his to begin with and that he would actually be deprived of....

When you call money you never had, and never would have had without this deal in the first place something that you can't "afford" to share you're going to have logic bombs exploding all around you.

But he needs it more than them

I'm putting together a box of old coverless comics that I can sell to the OP, sight unseen, for $1500.

Sure...fire away. Be sure to include one of these:

0BHc0ty.jpg

Wow, with that eye appeal, you're looking at $25k right there.

Everyone wants to get ahead

And some are closer than others

Being in the Red or Black in life can easily sway perspective.

You are right. But when you are in bad shape and still do what's right, that is what defines you. It's not what you do when you can afford to, it's what you do when you can't afford to do it and still do.

I'm putting together a box of old coverless comics that I can sell to the OP, sight unseen, for $1500.

Sure...fire away. Be sure to include one of these:

0BHc0ty.jpg

Why do I have to include that comic? You're paying $1500 a box without looking through them all, correct? That's your business model, correct? To pay large amounts of money and pray you get lucky? Or not really and you were hoping you could fool us all?

Everyone wants to get ahead

And some are closer than others

Being in the Red or Black in life can easily sway perspective.

You are right. But when you are in bad shape and still do what's right, that is what defines you. It's not what you do when you can afford to, it's what you do when you can't afford to do it and still do.

:golfclap:

Wow, with that eye appeal, you're looking at $25k right there.

no

(shrug)

More?

2.0 just went for $35k

1.5 went for $25k 2 1/2 years ago.

A lot of low grade copies are WAY uglier than this to boot.