• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ETSY for comics??

27 posts in this topic

I purchased some bronze age Avengers books from a guy on there once. Usually, if you do find mainstream books listed, it's copper drek that's overpriced. I assume they are books the sellers had as a child or found and decided to list along with their crafts or vintage goods.

I'll check the site for books every time I'm grabbing a gift for the lady.

I would NOT knock ETSY folks. (tsk)

I found a lovely group of estate VD comics, including the very rare Lucky Fights it Through and Little Willie and Doc Carter VD comics, from a gal who's grandfather was the COMMISSIONER of HEALTH in San Francisco. The books were retreived from her grandfather's estate and many of them are gorgeous.

I had the Lucky Fights it Through certified by CGC as a 9.4 Universal, making it TOP Census. :whee:

Incidently, the seller is a "crafter"

Thus, I periodically check out the comics on ETSY with good reason. (thumbs u

Stephen

Last year I a WTB thread going for a high grade copy of Usagi Yojimbo #1. A boardie directed me to Etsy, lo and behold there it was, and in NM- to boot. I thought it might be too good to be true, but for $15 it was worth a shot. The book arrived within 3 days, item as described. Of course, this will vary from seller to seller. I think Etsy is definitely worth looking around for comics.

Waiting on the book to come back from CGC with a Stan Sakai Signature :wishluck:

Etsy is a cool place. I don't like seeing comics there, though - only because it's more of a "crafty" "oddball collectible" place. It's got it's own unique niche - and as much as I like comics, I'd hate to see that place inundated with somewhat unrelated things like comics. If you open the door to comics, it's open for vintage car parts and things of that nature - which may adhere to the guidelines, but not really inline with the "spirit" of Etsy.

Etsy is a cool place. I don't like seeing comics there, though - only because it's more of a "crafty" "oddball collectible" place. It's got it's own unique niche - and as much as I like comics, I'd hate to see that place inundated with somewhat unrelated things like comics. If you open the door to comics, it's open for vintage car parts and things of that nature - which may adhere to the guidelines, but not really inline with the "spirit" of Etsy.

+1

100% agree. Etsy is a cool place to find some UNIQUE items and I'd hate to have to wade through a bunch of comic books to find them.

One thing I do like is some comic artists (mostly independent, but some pros) have set up shop on Etsy. There are still some hidden treasures out there :applause: