• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Other publisher titles to read?

46 posts in this topic

I highly recommend reading Valiant. No crime books but man, that shared universe is kicking straight butt these days!

Cant say enough as to how much these guys are rolling right now

Seconded. And the best part is, right now to can check out the first couple of arcs of almost all of their books for next to nothing (if you choose) with their Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=b1756bbfee-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-b1756bbfee-43881157

Seriously, everyone who is into superhero books should check these out. Fred Van Lente just wrapped up his run on Archer & Armstrong and it's one of my favorite comic runs.

Thirded! :whee:

Harbinger, X-O, A&A, Rai, Death Defying Doctor Mirage, Unity, there's so many good books to choose from.

I also forgot about the upcoming The Valiant by Kindt and Lemire. :ohnoez:

United States of Murder turns out to be pretty good so far.

Lazarus is good. Nice art. A bit of a downer though like WD, but I'll keep reading.

Scalped is the best. I hope it doesn't end bad.

Rachel Rising. I read 6 issues. I liked it, but I don't know if I want to keep reading it.

Manhattan Projects and Zero, I couldn't read anymore.

Fatale is worth enough to keep reading. Art is decent.

If you think Scalped started off good you're only going to like it more as it progresses.

I don't know 'Bad Horse' is getting addicted and he is like the only 'semi-good' protagonist. Does it stop at the 10th tpb? Are there others after this?

I recommend United States of Murder. It's hoky but fun and gripping at the same time. I want to read all the others mentioned, but they aren't as easy to find.

I highly recommend reading Valiant. No crime books but man, that shared universe is kicking straight butt these days!

Seconded. And the best part is, right now to can check out the first couple of arcs of almost all of their books for next to nothing (if you choose) with their Humble Bundle:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=b1756bbfee-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-b1756bbfee-43881157

Seriously, everyone who is into superhero books should check these out. Fred Van Lente just wrapped up his run on Archer & Armstrong and it's one of my favorite comic runs.

Harbinger, X-O, A&A, Rai, Death Defying Doctor Mirage, Unity, there's so many good books to choose from.

Fourtht.

I'd suggest:

Sir Edward Grey; Witchfinder : The Mysteries of Unland

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/22-939?page=1

I'm really liking this story arc. I was not impressed with In the service of Angels or Lost and Gone forever.

I'm really liking the new Witchfinder and look forward to more like this.

witchunland1p1.jpg

I'd also suggest some Baltimore, but I know Mignola art & atmosphere is a bit of an acquired taste.

-T

If you think Scalped started off good you're only going to like it more as it progresses.

I don't know 'Bad Horse' is getting addicted and he is like the only 'semi-good' protagonist. Does it stop at the 10th tpb? Are there others after this?

I recommend United States of Murder. It's hoky but fun and gripping at the same time. I want to read all the others mentioned, but they aren't as easy to find.

It's not quite as simple as people being good and bad in that series.

It's not quite as simple as people being good and bad in that series.

I here ya. My only gripe about some storylines is that that some good has to come from something otherwise what's the point (i.e. WD, Lazarus). 1984 was a decent read but I never want to read it again.

I read Southern Bastards 1 on Comixology giveway day. It was worth reading on.

Well, I don't want to ruin the ending or anything. I'll say it gets dark, and not a single character in the entire comic is a beacon of morality who always makes the right decision. Neither is anyone a beacon of evil for evil's sake with no motivation other than to be the bad guy in the story.

The ending wraps up nicely, but it's a long ride along the way.

https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=b1756bbfee-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-b1756bbfee-43881157'>https://www.humblebundle.com/books?utm_source=COMICS+PRESS&utm_campaign=b1756bbfee-LETTERED+PREVIEW%3A+HARBINGER+%231&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_80feef14a5-b1756bbfee-43881157

Fourtht.

Fifth-ed.

Start with X-O Manowar tpb vol. 1 for $10 or at the Humble Bundle this week:

https://www.humblebundle.com/books

Paper Girls continues to impress me and I am really loving Black Eyed Kids, one of my favorite indie titles right now.

+1

Black Eyed Kids rocks :headbang:

Black Hammer is really starting to look like a big winner too but its only 2 issues in.