• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Detective Comics 412 (foxing issue)

6 posts in this topic

Okay, this issue came in with a lot, most of which had similar foxing issue, so I thought I gouge people's opinions on how foxing affects grading.

Here's my Tec 412:

02EyN3O.jpg

Ez5r2qo.jpg

The front cover presents beautifully for the most part, but the back is a mess with the foxing and crease.

That's a great Adams cover. The horse is excellent. The front cover has a lot of eye appeal. The back cover has the problems and I've always been harsh on my own collection if I could detect even a small area with a water stain or other stain. Bad water stains distort the paper. These aren't that kind. These are minor and discolor but leave it feeling OK. The foxing and the water damage bring this to somewhere in the very good range. It doesn't feel like an average worn copy which is how I define VG but it has some defects that pull it down from fine. I could believe hcaworker's 5.5 but could also drop it a grade to 4-4.5