• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can a 9.8 be pressed into a 9.9?

69 posts in this topic

That they accept $100 bills and bump the grade?

yes :)

That's libel and if you don't have the proof to back it up, you could be liable.

I suppose you're right but I'll be sending a comic there soon so I'll find out :)

So, if I I understand you'll be sending a gratuity or inducement along with the comic you're having graded utilizing the "other" company?

That they accept $100 bills and bump the grade?

yes :)

That's libel and if you don't have the proof to back it up, you could be liable.

I suppose you're right but I'll be sending a comic there soon so I'll find out :)

So, if I I understand you'll be sending a gratuity or inducement along with the comic you're having graded utilizing the "other" company?

lol no that was just a joke I would never want to harm a companies reputation :)

Yeah but it's likely a million to one longshot. If you are sitting on a 9.8 why take the risk.

Yeah, if a cat farts on a 9.8, it's now a 9.6. A dog a 9.4. I've seen documentation.

Seriously though, any tiny thing they missed when grading it a 9.8 comes back into play.

Some people would say that 9.9 and 10 are there for business plan issues.

9.8 is perfect, but ... 9.9 and 10 are ...more.... perfect.

I agree but for those that get the 9.9 or 10 can command any price they want technically because there has been no other recorded sale of that comic :)

Hey guys I just saw a post of a thread that gave me an idea can a 9.8 comic be pressed into a 9.9? If so what factors does it depend on to make the grade bump up higher?

this thread comes up a lot, I've made a more complicated version once myself.

Here's what I believe is the correct answer:

A 9.9 and 10.0 cannot be "created" by pressing. However, a book with pressable defects which is otherwise already a 9.9/10.0, could have its potential restored.

So, pressing can maximize an existing books potential, but the differences between a 9.8/9.9/10.0 are not pressable defects. If your book is a true 9.8, with non-pressable defects, pressing it can't change it.

Hey guys I just saw a post of a thread that gave me an idea can a 9.8 comic be pressed into a 9.9? If so what factors does it depend on to make the grade bump up higher?

this thread comes up a lot, I've made a more complicated version once myself.

Here's what I believe is the correct answer:

A 9.9 and 10.0 cannot be "created" by pressing. However, a book with pressable defects which is otherwise already a 9.9/10.0, could have its potential restored.

So, pressing can maximize an existing books potential, but the differences between a 9.8/9.9/10.0 are not pressable defects. If your book is a true 9.8, with non-pressable defects, pressing it can't change it.

Can also be answered with a simple yes or no. (thumbs u

Some people would say that 9.9 and 10 are there for business plan issues.

9.8 is perfect, but ... 9.9 and 10 are ...more.... perfect.

I agree but for those that get the 9.9 or 10 can command any price they want technically because there has been no other recorded sale of that comic :)

Command? lol