• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: ASM 101

14 posts in this topic

Nice copy and very good of the person applying the date stamp to center neatly in the spidey-slap. That's the practiced hand of a long-time comic stamper.

I don't think it's 9.0 or 9.2

My overall reaction is that both the wear to the back cover and the ten or so small spine creases pull the grade lower. More generally, the whites on the front look pretty good but not pure white that should be on a NM. Even for a VF, I think the white on the back shows too much wear. Some people say that this can be cleaned up but I know nothing about that so will keep my mouth shut. Honestly, given the 'feel' of the back cover with the wear to the white and the shadow along the top, coupled with the 10 spine ticks and the bottom left corner, plus rounded corners on the others and I'm actually at a 7.5, but that's just my opinion so you could use another.

Very minor wear. It has a light dust shadow that may have a small impact. The lower right corner may bring down to 9.2. Multiple stress marks on the spine may drop to 9.0.

I have a feeling this copy will be a solid 9.0. If the graders are tight on the grade, it will be 8.5.

Nice copy!