• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stan Lee will sign anything

20 posts in this topic

Why are people bidding on these books? lol

A better question is, if you're going to pony up the money to get Stan Lee to sign something and have it CGC-witnessed, why aren't you at the very least getting that sig on a Marvel comic, even if it's not one that he wrote himself?

Probably because that's what everyone else does. He signs a lot of stuff so doing this "kind of" makes it more unique.

Do you really think Stan knows what he's signing? He is given a comic -- sometimes with a window for his signature -- signs it, looks up to see who he's signing it for, says one or two nice things, then goes onto the next.

Don't blame him for this foolishness -- blame the people bringing this up to him and spending $75 to get it signed.

In his defense...shouldn't more of the "blame" be put on the people who are requesting the signature on these random items?

Give me $100 and I'll sign my signature on your kid's forehead if that's what you want...lol.

^^^Edit...RCheli beat me to it

Even beyond that, STan's always been a make-the-fan-happy kind of guy. I'd guess he has no qualms if signing something he had nothing to do with makes the fan happy.

Fair enough. I don't really have a problem with Stan Lee. I just find highly odd all of things that have come up for sale with his signature that he had absolutely no connection with.

I wonder what would happen if I brought some sort of contract in a magazine bag with a carefully cut out window on the bottom. Would he sign it?

I wonder if Stan Lee will sign a dollar bill?

Take a picture of him signing it and flip it for $50.

So you want to invest $51-76 (depending on the appearance) to make $50?

Sweet business model. lol

Seriously think that Stan's signature lowers the value of a book . . . :grin:

Beyond all thoughts of ubiquitousness the GPA figures across the board belie what we would think the logical conclusion would be to adding his name to a book.

Even with all the signings his sig more than pays for itself.

Seriously think that Stan's signature lowers the value of a book . . . :grin:

Beyond all thoughts of ubiquitousness the GPA figures across the board belie what we would think the logical conclusion would be to adding his name to a book.

Even with all the signings his sig more than pays for itself.

No doubt. I was expressing a personal opinion. ;)

I wonder if Stan Lee will sign a dollar bill?

Take a picture of him signing it and flip it for $50.

So you want to invest $51-76 (depending on the appearance) to make $50?

Sweet business model. lol

lol. Forgot the fact he charges for his signature. So much for my master plan. Back to the drawing boards.

He can barely see.

He certainly can't see what he's signing.

Max, his handler, would never let him sign anything he shouldn't.

Like an Action Comics #1 reprint or an issue of Spawn?

"Shouldn't" according to legality, not "shouldn't" according to credits.

;)