• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hulk 181 question

7 posts in this topic

I have a hulk 181 that came back as 9.4 small amount of color touch ( that I cannot see) What is it now worth? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Call our company phone number and we can tell you where to look for the color touch.

As for worth....

here is a link to the most recent nonrestored hulk 181 in 9.4:

LINK TO AUCTION

Your comic will be worth less than that.

You can go to http://www.gpanalysis.com/

and find out what the current market values are.

As for OVERSTREET standards on restored market value (keep in mind this is the the numbers based on professional restoration and if your comic is amautuer restored these numbers may not hold true)

Anyways the value is 15-20% less than a 9.4 unrestored, but again different comics can get different values. EVERYTHING VARIES.

Even though it is a very nice grade, I would be very surprised if it hit over $1,000.00

Collectors really shy away from restored books. This is a relatively easy book too find in the 9.0 too 9.4 range... So it being restored is just going too kill the price tag. Older, harder too find in high grade book's seem too get better prices if there restored. Someone offers you $800-$1,000 I'd grab it. Just my opinion...

I got the book in 92' at a comic con in miami fla. I bought it for around 300 because it was the nicest comic I could find at the time. I am suprised that a 300 dollar book would have restoration. It looks more like a smudge to me.

Please post a scan for us to see. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif Personally, I don't buy books at or from "cons" 27_laughing.gifinsane.gif

679050-wolverine.jpg

The scan's a little blurry, but my guess is SA color touch to URFC . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif It also has that classic "non-crease" that the copies which are cut properly have - looks like a reader's crease.