• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Planet Comicon 2015, Kansas City, MO March 13-15 2015

49 posts in this topic

That guest list seems to be really skewing older collector. There aren't any real "hot" guys going. (I like the older creators myself, but there aren't any super big names.)

Is this pretty SOP for this con?

There is a second show at the same venue on August 7th - 9th and it is called "Kansas City Comic Con" the lineup for it looks pretty good this far out

Have you got a link to that info? All I can find in KC is Planet and a horror show called Crypticon the weekend after the dates you cited.

Edit: Ok, I found a Facebook page on it...may be worth a look. I started a thread...

11 days and no CGC confirmed… is there any hope left?? They have enough staff to be at 3 shows later in the year, so I don't think that's any issue. Maybe if enough of us messaged/emailed them, they'd have reason to? Perhaps last time wasn't good for them at the show? hm

Lord knows I did my part last year. They had several boxes full of books packed up to ship off at the end of the show last year. Wonder if the table increase ran them off or if they weren't being offered a sweet enough deal to make the trip. Truly a loss as I have a number of books I wanted to sub again this year. I guess that's good news for Wizard World STL, because that's when I'll have to make the drop.

I live in Kansas City and am planning on attending the show (my first con). I emailed CGC this morning and got official word that they are not attending Planet Comicon this year because they'll be at other shows.

I'm curious: will anyone be on hand who's able to be an authorized signature witness? If so what about facilitating? I have two books I'd love to have Jason Aaron sign and submit for the signature series.

Hey Hot Flips are you bringing any Mylar bags for slabbed books? I need to pick some up and may as well get them from you next week, if you'll have them.

I'm in Booth 1425 this year. Looking forward to meeting some Boardies again this year.

Hey Hot Flips are you bringing any Mylar bags for slabbed books? I need to pick some up and may as well get them from you next week, if you'll have them.

I'm in Booth 1425 this year. Looking forward to meeting some Boardies again this year.

Sorry I won't, my stock did not come on time

I live in Kansas City and am planning on attending the show (my first con). I emailed CGC this morning and got official word that they are not attending Planet Comicon this year because they'll be at other shows.

I'm curious: will anyone be on hand who's able to be an authorized signature witness? If so what about facilitating? I have two books I'd love to have Jason Aaron sign and submit for the signature series.

WTTB :hi:

Send a PM to Kaholo1256, I think he might be able to assist.

Feeling pretty good about this one. Just have to load up and head to KC, hopefully without forgetting everything. Glad to be ahead of schedule and not rushing around last minute to get ready for the show.

Swing by and say hi, I'm at booth 1425!

One of the lcs here will be at this show, he's got some high grade bronz e stuff. he also picked up some great sa stuff. He's bring with him Hulk 4 and 6 Iron Man 1 and others. I believe they are. It's Capt Jack's Comics I think he said his booth # is 2617.