• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OK-- who hit the notify (Marvel) Mods button on Spider-Woman?

106 posts in this topic

That YouTube video is AWESOME! :applause:

It has some valid points (and is funny in places) ... however it does go to show how a lot of this mess is just people trying to make a point by tearing strips off of each other on both sides instead of actually changing anything. If Marvel just turn around and say "errr ok we won't use this artist again" will anyone really have gained anything? Probably not.

:golfclap:

Here's hoping Marvel had to eat whatever they paid Manara when they cancelled. :wishluck:

Giving in to that BS just adds to the nuttiness when it's what internet pc attack squads do on a constant basis. Blindside some target, beat it death with hysterics and outrage, get media attention, move on to the next 'offender'. :eyeroll:

Great video. However, while Spidey was in the exact same pose, Manara went a bit too "deep" in the depiction of the crack. No doubt Spidey s indentation would be equally deep, but they never drew it that way. Manara isn't some Archie artist after all. He has created some of the sexiest comics work of all time, and clearly to me, that is present on this cover in question.. And being a costumed to drawing sexy, he drew the assss the way he can, but which no other Marvel artists has to date. As far as I remember.

I mean, we all noticed this cover was an 11 on the sexy comics art scale, didn't we?

Greatttttt video. I personally don't like the cover at all but it's a variant. I wonder if Valiant or image would have had thee same issues... Honestly, the cover was terrible, but as much because of the face as the buttt. Spider woman seems to be one of those characters that is and always has been 'body painted'. Just throw a sash over her like every other Bronze creation in modern marvel and call it a day. I don't think this is going to hurt Manara's career...