• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I think this is awesome for the hobby.

12 posts in this topic

San Antonio is already home to the largest comic/toy/gaming shop in all of Texas: Heroes and Fantasies (there are 2 here by the way.)

Another just opened up: 0 Charisma Games and Comics.

http://blogs.sacurrent.com/art_slut/san-antonios-newest-nerd-shop-has-zero-charisma/

Haven't checked it out yet. Maybe some of the local boardies (if you've been) could chime in on their experience.

Just thought I'd share. Love to see new shops opening.

Here are some photos of Heroes and Fantasies I still have.

20140322_132220_zps21c4b0c2.jpg

20140322_131915_zps9028e973.jpg

20140322_132229_zps47ce7674.jpg

Just a small section of the store. It keeps going and going. Hard to imagine another place bigger than this. Although if there is then I'd be tempted to check it out only if it's In Texas of course.

Here are some photos of Heroes and Fantasies I still have.

Just a small section of the store. It keeps going and going. Hard to imagine another place bigger than this. Although if there is then I'd be tempted to check it out only if it's In Texas of course.

I visited a comic shop in Salem, MA that looked at least that big, if not bigger this past summer. It was unfortunate I was on vacation with the family (4th of July in Boston which ended up being held on the 3rd), otherwise I could have spent hours looking.

They do online too. They do well with instore customers money wise. The owner has a really sick personal collection. Sometimes he sets up his stash when there's a big event going on there like free comic book day and what not. I mean he brings out the goods. High end stuff.

Like most shops I've been to, they also seem to do very well in the gaming area. That's a whole different section of the store. The building was bought out for expansion purposes. Used to be an old Good Will Super Center I think. It's a really cool place to go. There Statue section is really bad *spoon*.