• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is the rarest book you own want or know of

457 posts in this topic

The same foil attachment error that created the "Black Venom" from the red foil Venom 1 created a "White Venom" from the gold foil variant. Scoop had an article about it years ago with a picture but I have never heard anything more about that book since then.

It is on my want list.

On a similar note, I have heard of foil attachment error versions of X-Men 300, Spectacular Spider-Man and others.

I have Web of Sider-Man, Amazing Spider-Man and Wolverine 145 non-foil errors.

The same foil attachment error that created the "Black Venom" from the red foil Venom 1 created a "White Venom" from the gold foil variant. Scoop had an article about it years ago with a picture but I have never heard anything more about that book since then.

It is on my want list.

For a long time, I thought the White Venom comic was a fairy-tale.

But they do exist. One single copy has been graded by the CGC.

Has anyone said Tec 40 in a non-restored, presentable grade..? Surely not as rare as many of the books posted, but it's the book for which I searched the longest before finding (maybe a few years).

The current Comiclink Auction shows just how desirable this book is. A 5.0 is currently at $3900 :o

You know, it's funny, these things come.in waves. I looked for probably three years and couldn't even find a copy in any grade unrestored (with the exception of one on Heritage which was higher grade and went in the twenty thousands or.something if I recall). Then, I saw one about 7 months ago on the Bay (listed as a Bronze age book, just accidentally stumped upon it, even after all my alerts etc which didn't pick it up due to BA) there was about an hour left on the auction, one bid. Apparently, I learned from board thread on it after, a bunch of boards missed the book because of its mislisting.

But since that time, Bob Storms had a 5.5, and now apparently a 5.0 lists on Comiclink. Just shows how rarer books can be nearly unfinished for a few years, then a few can pop up all around the same time!

Also looking for a copy. And I think bidding on the CL copy is also factored by a possible grade bump.

Anyone have a spare "Brevity #1" a 5 page, side-stapled 1965 fanzine by Jeff Jones they want to sell?

It consists of a cover (see below) and 4 additional drawings, one per page. It's really obscure.

Here's a really bad scan from a book (the image was postage stamp-sized, but there ya have it).

Brevity1-Jones.jpg

This is probably the rarest book I own. First appearance of the Phantom in comic book format - a few months before Action 1. CGC has only graded 6 copies and only graded one copy - a 7.5 - nicer than this. On my want list for decades. Just acquired earlier this year.

scan0001_zps572dc8fe.jpg