• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRACZYNSKI HAS GOTTA GO

91 posts in this topic

I thought you gave up on ASM when Gwennie became a tramp.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

It's like a train wreck...I can't look away. frustrated.gif

Norman-----> poke2.gif <-----Gwennie

yay.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

Can't wait for him to take over FF, and reveal Sue & Namor's " Invisible Aqua-Baby ". insane.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

yay.gif

Can't wait for him to take over FF, and reveal Sue & Namor's " Invisible Aqua-Baby ". insane.gif

Or the fact that Reed's plastisity helps "enhance" his secret affair with Doom.

Only the ruler of Latveria could handle such girth from a lover.

893whatthe.gif

Just read ASM 515, and it was pathetic. It's bad enough what he did with Gwen, but now he creates a story in which Peter Parker became a bully to be " cool "?

Give me a break....

Why are you still reading it?

Just read ASM 515, and it was pathetic. It's bad enough what he did with Gwen, but now he creates a story in which Peter Parker became a bully to be " cool "?

Give me a break....

I dont think peter became a bully!

They just found someone else to pick on. Peter let them and did nothing to stop it because it meant they were not picking on him!

Anyone who is bullied as a school kid delights when a bully takes on a new target and even helps the bully because the bully will leave them alone which is all the bullied child wants!

Give me a break....

Why are you still reading it?

Why does it matter?

Give me a break....

Just stop buying it, if sales tank then Marvel will kick him off the book. If you really don't like something stop supporting it with your dollars.

Give me a break....

They just found someone else to pick on. Peter let them and did nothing to stop it because it meant they were not picking on him!

Anyone who is bullied as a school kid delights when a bully takes on a new target and even helps the bully because the bully will leave them alone which is all the bullied child wants!

I've always felt Peter was better than that, and in such a situation...would have helped the new kid anyway he could. Live and learn I guess....

Give me a break....

Just stop buying it, if sales tank then Marvel will kick him off the book. If you really don't like something stop supporting it with your dollars.

How can I decide if I like it or not...if I don't read it? confused.gif

Give me a break....

WTF are you talking about? You have been complaining about the book for months. Stop buying it already. makepoint.gif

Give me a break....

WTF are you talking about? You have been complaining about the book for months. Stop buying it already. makepoint.gif

I was criticizing the Sins Past storyline. Since it's now the new "Skin Deep" storyline, I thought I'd give it another chance.

My mistake..... sorry.gif

Give me a break....

I was criticizing the Sins Past storyline. Since it's now the new "Skin Deep" storyline, I thought I'd give it another chance.

My mistake..... sorry.gif

Sorry man, I didn't mean to be so harsh. flowerred.gif

It's just the way I see it, is if a writer is doing a bad job the best way to protest is not to buy his work. That way, hopefully the message will get through. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Give me a break....

I've always felt Peter was better than that, and in such a situation...would have helped the new kid anyway he could. Live and learn I guess....

Not likely..

Speaking from Experience a bullied child will take delight and assist in the bullying of another child in order to get the attention from him! It takes outside intervention to stop the cycle most times.

This situation is pretty accurate. Looks to be this might be before he became Spiderman

Give me a break....

Not likely..

Speaking from Experience a bullied child will take delight and assist in the bullying of another child in order to get the attention from him! It takes outside intervention to stop the cycle most times.

This situation is pretty accurate. Looks to be this might be before he became Spiderman

I understand the point the writer was trying to make....but Peter Parker is not the character to use to illustrate it.

Peter Parker is not typical , and I'm sick of Straczynski changing who Peter is ....in order to address these human commonalties.

He did it to Gwen...and now he's doing it to Peter.

I've said this 100 times, but I had no problem with "Sins Past," and I enjoyed 515 and the beginning of "Skin Deep." I think it will end up being a good arc. Now, "Book of Ezekiel" was a load of cr@p. But I like JMS's work for the most part.

I've said this 100 times, but I had no problem with "Sins Past," and I enjoyed 515 and the beginning of "Skin Deep." I think it will end up being a good arc. Now, "Book of Ezekiel" was a load of cr@p. But I like JMS's work for the most part.

But are you a new reader or have you followed ASM long term? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif