• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

STRACZYNSKI HAS GOTTA GO

91 posts in this topic

Back to Stastinky...

Not only did he make the current Spider-Man plotlines look like bad episodes of The O.C., but you should see how he f--d up my favorite character in the mini series "Strange".

He made Dr. Strange's origin into The friggin Matrix! Apparently, Stephen Strange is Neo, The Ancient One is Morpheus, and Clea is Trinity. Dr. Strange didn't get in a car accident (it's now a skiing accident), and Clea even quotes The Governator (In issue #2 she says "Come with me if you want to live!") It's the most derivative POS I've ever read, and most Dr. Strange fans agree.

This guy is a lame hack and has no business writing comics. If he ever makes an appearance at a convention you find yourself attending, I believe it's our civic duty as comic fans to yell "YOU SUCK!" in his direction.

OK. I feel better now.

As for khurst34: My ex-girlfriend was the same way. She was born in 1978 and refused to watch any movies pre-1980. I had to bribe her to watch some of the classics like The Godfather (which she ended up falling asleep watching before the third act) and felt like the guy in that story The Onion ran a few years ago "Area Man's Girlfriend Still Hasn't Seen Apocalypse Now". The worst part? She was a film major at USC and now works for a major motion picture studio.

Khurst34 needs to watch some old movies... and the TV shows of the 50s/60s are the basis of modern society.

Or read a few books published before 1970. Dune? LOTR? A little Heinlein, a little Asimov?

Actually I've read a few ....... LOTR, Hitchhiker's Guide, and War & Peace. Thanks thumbsup2.gif

Just read Dune and am currently reading the Ultimate Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. yay.gif

Back to Stastinky...

Not only did he make the current Spider-Man plotlines look like bad episodes of The O.C., but you should see how he f--d up my favorite character in the mini series "Strange".

He made Dr. Strange's origin into The friggin Matrix! Apparently, Stephen Strange is Neo, The Ancient One is Morpheus, and Clea is Trinity. Dr. Strange didn't get in a car accident (it's now a skiing accident), and Clea even quotes The Governator (In issue #2 she says "Come with me if you want to live!") It's the most derivative POS I've ever read, and most Dr. Strange fans agree.

foreheadslap.gif

Suffice is to say, I will not be reading it.

Back to Stastinky...

This guy is a lame hack and has no business writing comics. If he ever makes an appearance at a convention you find yourself attending, I believe it's our civic duty as comic fans to yell "YOU SUCK!" in his direction.

sign-funnypost.gif

As for khurst34: My ex-girlfriend was the same way. She was born in 1978 and refused to watch any movies pre-1980. I had to bribe her to watch some of the classics like The Godfather (which she ended up falling asleep watching before the third act) and felt like the guy in that story The Onion ran a few years ago "Area Man's Girlfriend Still Hasn't Seen Apocalypse Now". The worst part? She was a film major at USC and now works for a major motion picture studio.

893whatthe.gif The part about her not having any knowledge of pre-1980 movies and working at a major motion picture studio doesn't surprise me. In fact it reinforces my opinion that most people who work at major movie studios actually don't know and don't give a 893censored-thumb.gif about the artistry of movies, only the bottom line.

However, I am incredulous that she could be a film major at a good film program like USC without having seen anything pre-1980. I mean, the students and faculty there are real "film-ies" and total snobs about cinema. How did she avoid being berated unmercifully as they droned on and on about Truffaut, Welles, film noir, etc. when she responded "Oh, I've never seen them. Or any movie from before 1980?" foreheadslap.gif

893whatthe.gif The part about her not having any knowledge of pre-1980 movies and working at a major motion picture studio doesn't surprise me. In fact it reinforces my opinion that most people who work at major movie studios actually don't know and don't give a 893censored-thumb.gif about the artistry of movies, only the bottom line.

However, I am incredulous that she could be a film major at a good film program like USC without having seen anything pre-1980. I mean, the students and faculty there are real "film-ies" and total snobs about cinema. How did she avoid being berated unmercifully as they droned on and on about Truffaut, Welles, film noir, etc. when she responded "Oh, I've never seen them. Or any movie from before 1980?" foreheadslap.gif

foreheadslap.gifforeheadslap.gif

I asked her about that actually, and I know this is off topic, so I'll just say that it's probably her having to watch all those films in college that turned her off to early cinema. Lord knows what she had to see in school, since she told me "she forgot" when I asked her which directors she wrote reports on, etc. She's a really sweet person, and really intelligent as well, but her big cinematic influence was The Goonies not Citizen Kane. I never said she didn't "see" Welles or Truffaut or any of those guys, just that now that she's working at the studio and out of college, she never watched the old stuff anymore. Ever. Believe me I tried. This, and the fact she hated comic books (and most of my friends) were very hard to deal with while we went out.

Sorry to get off topic folks... back to the Stracynski bashing already in progress!

Let's see...

JMS has already given Spidey the royal back-door treatment.

Now it appears that the die-hard Dr. Strange fans are ready to sue for malpractice.

It just keeps looking worse and worse for the Fantastic Four fans. makepoint.gif

I can just see JMS sitting in his room thinking "I doubt many comic book geeks have seen The Matrix.. yeah, I will use that next". This guy is not only a hack but a stupid hack.

I can just see JMS sitting in his room thinking "I doubt many comic book geeks have seen The Matrix.. yeah, I will use that next". This guy is not only a hack but a stupid hack.

I actually just read ASM 500, and it somewhat explains the Strange miniseries. Spidey and Dr. Strange were going back up their respective timelines in that issue. If you read it, you saw Spidey fight the Vulture, Lizard, Sandman, etc. all for the first time again. It explains briefly that Dr. Strange is going through the same thing. He is having to start over at the beginning, only this time it's going to be different, and Dr. Strange is not going gain his powers the same way, nor is he going to have the same powers he had originally. The way I took it, in the miniseries, he's not going to gain his magical powers at all but instead learn something different.

Yeah, I read ASM 500 as well, and it all seems well and good to bring some fresh new life into a characters origin for the new generation of comic readers, but making a completely derivative series that is a total rip off of the Matrix is not going to be seen as the real Doc. He has already made appearances in the regular Marvel Universe after ASM 500 that don't reflect this "new changed for the better" Dr. Strange, namely in Avengers #502 and 503 as well as in the Witches mini-series. The upcoming Defenders has Strange looking like he's always looked, sans goatee and Morpheus as The Ancient One. It looks like Marvel is just going to forget the JMS series ever happened, just like they did when they tried to make the Punisher into a metaphysical character. All I can say is: Bless the Vishanti this is so.

Yeah, I read ASM 500 as well, and it all seems well and good to bring some fresh new life into a characters origin for the new generation of comic readers, but making a completely derivative series that is a total rip off of the Matrix is not going to be seen as the real Doc. He has already made appearances in the regular Marvel Universe after ASM 500 that don't reflect this "new changed for the better" Dr. Strange, namely in Avengers #502 and 503 as well as in the Witches mini-series. The upcoming Defenders has Strange looking like he's always looked, sans goatee and Morpheus as The Ancient One. It looks like Marvel is just going to forget the JMS series ever happened, just like they did when they tried to make the Punisher into a metaphysical character. All I can say is: Bless the Vishanti this is so.

Well, at least Strange is a mini and not an ongoing series.