• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This Thor is...hot??

85 posts in this topic

I personally never been a big Thor fan...my opinion will remain the same about this and the new switch of captain America. i think it's a horrible idea to change something thats been the same and fans loved for such a long time just to make sales and have everyone feel Marvel is politically correct.

I think both the new versions of Thor and Cap that come out tomorrow will be the same as the whole doctor Oct becoming spidey storyline, it'll last about half a year or a little more and then everything goes back to normal.

That's a given. This is Archie Marvel Comics after all!

"The female Thor will "be able to do things the other guy couldn't do; she'll have a different relationship with Mjolnir," Aaron promised. "I'm not going to say it's gonna start talking, but it will definitely be a presence in the book."

Whoa. Now there's a minefield quote if there ever was one. :eek:

And you know, this quote was delivered open ended like this on purpose. Pretty sick if you ask me. :facepalm:

I seriously doubt that. Not everything is sexual, depsite the fact that most people try to force it.

Of course the writer didn't leave it on purpose. Or was it sexual in any way.

I just thought it was funny, that you shouldn't ever leave an opening like that for comic chatboards. You know, where there's giggles over Rifleman covers and cordwood. It don't take much.

The line between casually-funny and pc-freakout-super-serious is getting thinner all the time. Really hard to judge how a thing might land. Instead of chuckles the riot gear breaks out.

Originality was never my strong point, evidently today more than ever.

All I seem to be able to do is cut and paste quotes.

"Donnie came from Miami F.L.A.

Hitch-hiked her way across the U.S.A.

Plucked her eyebrows on the way

Shaved her legs and then he was a she

She said, hey babe, take a walk on the wild side,

Said, hey honey, take a walk on the wild side."

Can't believe he died. Also can't believe he died of old age instead of a drug overdose 40 years earlier, but that's another subject.

They had like 10 variant covers for it also at my LCS.

Any of them good?

None that grabbed my attention of female Thor...not even a GGA vibe.

I liked the throwback variant covers for Captain America 25 or 28....whatever the newest number but the variants were cool.

Anyone get book?

Who is new Thor..

Old Thor's GF the Shield Agent?

I just finished reading it- WOW it was pretty solid. I'm writing my LCS an email now to add it to my pull list for the next few issues. It was really an interesting book and planted some seeds of things to come.

It is unclear who the new Thor actually is though.

Thor runs off to fight with an Axe and loses. Then the book ends with a woman picking up the hammer. It is pretty much the preview images they showed of the female Thor.

I know moderns have some haters now, but this was a fun, good read.

Anyone get book?

Who is new Thor..

Old Thor's GF the Shield Agent?

I just finished reading it- WOW it was pretty solid. I'm writing my LCS an email now to add it to my pull list for the next few issues. It was really an interesting book and planted some seeds of things to come.

It is unclear who the new Thor actually is though.

Thor runs off to fight with an Axe and loses. Then the book ends with a woman picking up the hammer. It is pretty much the preview images they showed of the female Thor.

I know moderns have some haters now, but this was a fun, good read.

+1

I thought the same. Fun book, I'll see where it goes. I was always a Thor fan, but not much of a Thor reader - I'm actually kind of excited to pick this up and see where it goes.