• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Who's Your Favorite Modern Writer?

53 posts in this topic

In the age of decompressed stories and writer's names being on the cover, I wonder who you follow? Who are you a zombie for?

Currently, I think Greg Rucka might be my favorite writer. I love the Noir feel his books have and the gritty mood he captures.

Part of why I post this is in the past few months I've read Gotham Central and now I'm waiting on 52. I was simply BLOWN AWAY by Gotham Central. I think I read the entire series in two or three days.

I've also been reading his Cyclops book which has been pretty good, surprisingly.

I ordered 52 off a boardie and he couldn't find it so I've been anticipating the day he found the books. I acted like I wasn't excited, but I can't wait!

Super tough choice. I guess it depends on what you call modern. Warren Ellis would top my list if Planetary and The Authority are considered modern. Morrison/Waid on JLA and Johns on Flash and JSA would be way up there too. Currently it would be Hickman. I feel East of a West will go down as a great like Planetary and The Authority if he doesn't fumble from the middle to the end. :wishluck:

I would have said Bendis too, but I stopped reading his mainstream Marvel stuff outside of USM. Do you all still read his Marvel stuff.

I had a hard time not saying Brubaker. I tried to pick only one.

Bendis' DD run got me back into collecting, that got me started with USM - I still read the current USM. I enjoyed the start of his All New X-men & Uncanny for a few months, got a bit lost & lazy with the first "event" but I plan to catch up at some point. My second choice would be either Slott or Waid but that's probably because that covers USM, ASM & DD which are the only comics that I seem get around to reading.

(shrug)