• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comiclink November Auction - post 'em if you got 'em

154 posts in this topic

I can't believe that hideous .5 went for almost $2k.

I was more surprised by that result than the 3.0, but like many I think the 3.0 will be seen as underperforming expectations. The buyer is probably happier than the seller.

I was more surprised by that result than the 3.0, but like many I think the 3.0 will be seen as underperforming expectations. The buyer is probably happier than the seller.

How would the seller be unhappy?

Still sold for thousands more than it would have sold in August.

I turned down a CGC Hulk #1 CGC 3.0 at WW Chicago for $5800.

Seller did just fine on this copy.

The 3.0 Hulk #1 closed at $8300.

The bubble has burst!

:ohnoez:

Well without a back cover scan, it would be difficult to know if this copy was,indeed a strong 3.0.. Maybe those who were serious,about bidding were sent the back cover scan and maybe saw something they didn't like. The front cover looks,better,than a 3.0 IMHO.

They did fine, but if they knew about the last sale of a 3.0 at $9800 this result isn't as strong. Even if it's more than it sold for in August, it's $1500 less than the last sale.

They did fine, but if they knew about the last sale of a 3.0 at $9800 this result isn't as strong. Even if it's more than it sold for in August, it's $1500 less than the last sale.

Not directed at anyone in particular but the problem is one I've brought up numerous times.

When people sell they want to get more than the last GPA and are disappointed when they don't.

When people buy they want to pay less than the last GPA and are disappointed when they can't.

People have become too focused on the last GPA sale (a single data point) rather than rely on averages and trends.

Please never let me work in corporate job again with you as my boss.

What have you done for me lately attitude.