• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Phoenix Comic Con and Signature Series

14 posts in this topic

I got to the Phoenix Comic Con thursday night. CGC was not there to witness my books so I had to find a Facilitator who could help.

Before the show I had contacted two who could witness books, AnastasiasCollect and HankPym. Both were going to be there all weekend and would take walk up submissions.

Thursday I went to the booth to meet HankPym but we missed each other. I went to the AnastasiasCollect booth and explained what I wanted to do and they said they could do it.

Friday I did meet with HankPym (Curt) and ReptileKingDie (Mario) the CGC witness and explained to him what I wanted. He told me how he does things and I decided that was the best way to go.

I did talk to someone at the show who used AnastasiasCollect and he said they were Great. For me it seems even though CGC did not go to the show it was handled very well.

The Books

The first book is a triple signed Batman 66 #1.

Signed by Adam West, Burt Ward and Julie Newmar.

I waited in line while Curt and Mario got other signatures at the show. This never happens but it did, the Batman Trio started signing an hour early. I sent a text to Curt and let him know the signing had started. He stated he would be there as soon as he can. I had to let a few people go ahead of me but not long later Mario showed up and we were ready to go.

Adam West was very nice and Mario had some books from boardies that Mr. West loved.

I had seen previously something signed by Burt Ward where he wrote one of the sound effects seen on the show. I asked if he could do that to my book. He said he would but would have to personalize it. No problem since Adam West already did.

Julie Newmar was very pleasant and to me funny. When we got to the front of the line we were told she wants to personalize all the books. For me no Problem Adam West and Burt Ward already did. But Mario had one book that only Miss Newmar was to sign. We both thought the only choice was to have the book signed and personalized which it was. The funny thing was it was the only book she personalized. On another book for a Boardie Miss Newmar started looking though her pens, Mario asked her if should would sign it in black "no" she said, he asked again and got the same "no". She signed it in silver and stated that for that book it looks so much better in silver. I think the book turned out very nice and hope the boardie is happy.

My book from the signing

image_zpsce412551.jpg

I got to the Phoenix Comic Con thursday night. CGC was not there to witness my books so I had to find a Facilitator who could help.

Before the show I had contacted two who could witness books, AnastasiasCollect and HankPym. Both were going to be there all weekend and would take walk up submissions.

Thursday I went to the booth to meet HankPym but we missed each other. I went to the AnastasiasCollect booth and explained what I wanted to do and they said they could do it.

Friday I did meet with HankPym (Curt) and ReptileKingDie (Mario) the CGC witness and explained to him what I wanted. He told me how he does things and I decided that was the best way to go.

I did talk to someone at the show who used AnastasiasCollect and he said they were Great. For me it seems even though CGC did not go to the show it was handled very well.

The Books

I waited in line while Curt and Mario got other signatures at the show. This never happens but it did, the Batman Trio started signing an hour early. I sent a text to Curt and let him know the signing had started. He stated he would be there as soon as he can. I had to let a few people go ahead of me but not long later Mario showed up and we were ready to go.

Adam West was very nice and Mario had some books from boardies that Mr. West loved.

I had seen previously something signed by Burt Ward where he wrote one of the sound effects seen on the show. I asked if he could do that to my book. He said he would but would have to personalize it. No problem since Adam West already did.

Julie Newmar was very pleasant and to me funny. When we got to the front of the line we were told she wants to personalize all the books. For me no Problem Adam West and Burt Ward already did. But Mario had one book that only Miss Newmar was to sign. We both thought the only choice was to have the book signed and personalized which it was. The funny thing was it was the only book she personalized. On another book for a Boardie Miss Newmar started looking though her pens, Mario asked her if should would sign it in black "no" she said, he asked again and got the same "no". She signed it in silver and stated that for that book it looks so much better in silver. I think the book turned out very nice and hope the boardie is happy.

My book from the signing

image_zpsce412551.jpg

I think that was my book, which she refused to sign in black and signed in silver. First appearance of the silver age Riddler.

Mike Grell Dawnstar Sketch. I always love Mr. Grell's Legion of Super-Heroes. Last year Goldeye had a sketch opp with Mr. Grell that I was a part of. Unfortuantly Mr. Grell became ill and was unable to complete the sketches. This is the book and sketch I requested. I must say Goldeye's sketch opp was cheaper than me handing him the book. image_zpsd8e2cd0c.jpg

The Books

My book from the signing

image_zpsce412551.jpg

I think that was my book, which she refused to sign in black and signed in silver. First appearance of the silver age Riddler.

I think you are right. It was a silver aged Batman Book.

Congrats on the books, nice collection. Hoping to get my Batman '66 #1 signed by that trio. I already have it signed by the interior artist and the Allreds. Also looking to get Amell but going to do that sometime next year.

Nice job!