• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Broken Casing Case

37 posts in this topic

i buy CGC's from this board almost every 2 weeks , and they all arrived in perfect condition because shipped in maximum secure method possible

but this week i have 2 package that came in very very bad packaging , one have a crack in back of the label as result of no other that a little amount of bubble wrap for the CGC in the box , no packaging peanuts , no newspaper for make it steady

and the other just had a "mycomicshop" CGC packaging , without bubble wrap ! , as the result there are huge crack in the back side

it is not damaging the books , but it is very very big damaged for me and my friend who order it from me as for getting reslab from Indonesia would cost almost $130 totals for those 2

please , i need to know what compensation does the seller need to make for this kind of damage ?

thank you

IMG_4959_zps58ee9cfd.jpg

IMG_4961_zpsfa6e0549.jpg

IMG_4962_zps45028c68.jpg

IMG_4969_zps02d92c90.jpg

IMG_4970_zps6a04e3ff.jpg

doh! Who would ship slabs to Indonesia like that and expect them to survive the journey without damage? Were these purchased on the board, on eBay or elsewhere? Regardless, you can try to ask the sellers to give you partial refunds for your purchases, but you might be better off simply returning the books and getting your money fully refunded. You may have to cover the cost of shipping the comics back, though.

when i asked , why you didn't give packing peanuts ? he say it's didn't matter if he use packing peanuts , it will still damaged :(

the first one i buy from this board member , and the second one ( with damage on below ) i buy on FB comic sale group , both has a good reputation , but ...

the first one try to take insurance from USPS , but the second one can do nothing , only a discount for the next purchase , but i think i wouldn't buy from him again :(

IMG_4959_zps58ee9cfd.jpg

Did you contact the sellers before posting this thread here to see what they offer for resolution? That's what I would have done.

So is this the "mycomicshop" packaging or the board member packaging? And this is how the book was sent, with the bubblewrap/comic sandwich just floating around in the box in all that space?

For USPS packages, USPS supplies priority boxes and the USPS-1092 box fits nicely inside the USPS-1095 box so there is really no reason to not double box the book.

when i asked , why you didn't give packing peanuts ? he say it's didn't matter if he use packing peanuts , it will still damaged :(

That's not true. Definitely, packaging people may have prevented the cracking of the slab. They are designed to cushion impact.

It's a shame that it happened, especially on the other side of the world. It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the book arrives safely into your hands.

Do you ever ship stuff back to the US? Maybe you can wait until you have to ship something back and ship things back together to save on shipping. Just an idea.

yes i contacted the seller , but i also need to ask here , because this is my first damages CGC casing , to ask what the ideal solution for this case

i haven't ship to US , but i planned to ship sometime in the future to get it reslab

the one with "mycomicshop" packaging are the one i buy from Facebook group , he only use MCS CGC packaging , and write my address outside of it , no bublewrap , no added board , nothing , just a CGC in the package

IMG_4979_zpsd256f5f7.jpg

the one with "mycomicshop" packaging are the one i buy from Facebook group , he only use MCS CGC packaging , and write my address outside of it , no bublewrap , no added board , nothing , just a CGC in the package

Just to clarify further. Nothing ariomalv is talking about was shipped by us. Somebody reused a cardboard CGC case we send slabs in, but when we use them they're only the last layer of protection inside of additional packaging. This person used our cardboard case as the only packaging for a shipment, which is not how the cases are intended to be used.

Just to clarify further. Nothing ariomalv is talking about was shipped by us. Somebody reused a cardboard CGC case we send slabs in, but when we use them they're only the last layer of protection inside of additional packaging. This person used our cardboard case as the only packaging for a shipment, which is not how the cases are intended to be used.

That makes sense. So they didn't buy anything from you, someone just reused a Mycomicship box they happened to have around.

(thumbs u

I'd still have gone back to the original sellers and gotten an answer first before posting a thread about it. :)

The boardie should seriously have known better. That's pretty flagrant. :facepalm:

While it is true that oddities can and will occur for no reason at all when shipping slabs (even with proper packaging), there is still a generally accepted way to ship slaps that minimizes risk. It's called box in a box, and anybody who feels they are qualified to sell on these boards needs to be extremely familiar with it or (at the very least) have some other fortress like secret method when dealing in slabs.

IMG_4959_zps58ee9cfd.jpg

Did you contact the sellers before posting this thread here to see what they offer for resolution? That's what I would have done.

So is this the "mycomicshop" packaging or the board member packaging? And this is how the book was sent, with the bubblewrap/comic sandwich just floating around in the box in all that space?

For USPS packages, USPS supplies priority boxes and the USPS-1092 box fits nicely inside the USPS-1095 box so there is really no reason to not double box the book.

That's not true. Definitely packaging people may have prevented the cracking of the slab. They are designed to cushion impact.

It's a shame that it happened, especially on the other side of the world. It's the seller's responsibility to make sure the book arrives safely into your hands.

Do you ever ship stuff back to the US? Maybe you can wait until you have to ship something back and ship things back together to save on shipping. Just an idea.

Are packaging people like soylent green?

I read his post as he HAD contacted them before posting :shrug:

Yep. In this quoted post, he asked them a question. So contact had been made before starting this thread.

the first one i buy from this board member , and the second one ( with damage on below ) i buy on FB comic sale group , both has a good reputation , but ...

the first one try to take insurance from USPS , but the second one can do nothing , only a discount for the next purchase , but i think i wouldn't buy from him again :(

Sorry, I was typing earlier than normal for me and juggling a phone call. I see he was just looking for an opinion on what proper compensation is.

I should have asked if the seller has already tried to make this right with the buyer before coming here. That was my point.

Sorry, I was typing earlier than normal for me and juggling a phone call. I see he was just looking for an opinion on what proper compensation is.

I should have asked if the seller has already tried to make this right with the buyer before coming here. That was my point.

I don't think English is his first language, so it might not have been clear...and you didn't get my joke about the packing people. I type the wrong stuff all the time,sometimes it's funny.

I don't think English is his first language, so it might not have been clear...and you didn't get my joke about the packing people. I type the wrong stuff all the time,sometimes it's funny.

I`m sure it would be funny...if I`d ever seen Soylent Green. :sorry: