• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Herb Trimpe Public CGC Signature Series Announcement

14 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone----

I was speaking with my good buddy Herb Trimpe yesterday afternoon. I spoke with Mike Balent this morning.

I have a General Public Announcement to make on his behalf.

If you would like Herb to sign your comic books to be graded by CGC Signature Series at a show or convention it will cost $10 per comic book.

To accommodate this CGC and Herb will setup designated signing times during public conventions/shows. If CGC is not at the convention or show, Herb is willing to work with any CGC Signature Series Facilitator who is there instead.

Basically what JJ did for Kirkman a while ago.....now that is happening with Herb Trimpe.

So if you want his autograph for CGC Signature Series and you see him at a show- Ask Mike at CGC about the signing details or the Facilitator who is coordinating. It is no longer possible to walk up to him at any time during the show for autographs with a witness in tow.

Thanks for listening to this public announcement!

-Sean

Sorry you feel that way bro. A creator friend of mine thought that CGC SS sigs were being "snuck"

I want him to still sign for CGC SS so I am doing what I can to help him and help everyone still get their books signed.

I understand where Pirate is coming from with this. A lot of guys who do walk up want to be able to do both shake hands, chat, and thank a creator for what they do but at the same time send there book in for grading. This forces them to only do CGC without allowing them to be there for the experience. I get it but as a witness/facilitator I'll certainly pay my respects and fall in line with us doing it privately.

I am not trying to be negative here in this thread.

Herb still goes to lots of shows and loves his fans. He just wants to know what IS being signed for CGC SS at a show.....It is that simple.

It is not a big deal unless your problem is paying a creator for his autograph for Signature Series.

If that is the case I am not looking to debate that here.

The problem is who cares how many SS/autograph books are done. This isn't about us wanting to pay a creator, it's about the creator expecting a certain number of their fans to pay a premium. For that I am out.

I am not trying to be negative here in this thread.

Herb still goes to lots of shows and loves his fans. He just wants to know what IS being signed for CGC SS at a show.....It is that simple.

It is not a big deal unless your problem is paying a creator for his autograph for Signature Series.

If that is the case I am not looking to debate that here.

Nope, not my issue at all and honestly makes it easier on my life at a Convention.

It hurts those guys those with one or two books wanting them signed on a Sunday at a show though. The ones who want to get there 181's signed, are willing, but because creators know most of are faces won't sign now when they see us even when they are willing to pay.

Oh, and see you next week....

You do things right bro no offense meant.....def see you next week.

Sometimes one bad apple can sour the whole batch ya know.

I have no exclusives with anybody and I am trying to make a creator happy and still available to CGC SS

The alternative is like how some creators who had bad experiences do not allow CGC SS at all......

I'm all in for the creator charging for Sigs, specially creators who have molded the Marvel universe to what it is today.

I'm glad Herb is taking this approach, and $10 per sig for SS is merely a drop in the bucket for what his books are selling.

Sean, you've always been on point to with creators, and I like, many, appreciate that.

See you next week.

Nothing wrong with this, but I think the problem is that there was likely an unpleasant incident with a fan or facilitator that precipitated this change