• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

There Are No Returns On 3rd Party Graded Items

Returns Allowed Or Not?  

588 members have voted

1. 1. Returns Allowed Or Not?

73 posts in this topic

If the buyer makes a fuss ebay will force the return. They dont know enough about comics to do otherwise.

It's a loophole that some people will use to their advantage and at your expense without any shame.

I know for a fact that some buyers buy books looking for upgrade potential and then just to return them if they don't have that potential.

Or they find a cheaper copy elsewhere. Or they just spent too much money and their wife is yelling that them. And none of these problems are really my problems, so why should I be rectifying them?

But on the other hand, you also want to be respected and want the repeat business, so for me most cases it will play out differently depending on who it is I'm dealing with and what the reason is for the return.

For good customers, their business is value and you try to meet or exceed their expectations. They've earned it.

For people who seem to be playing the field I might ask a few questions - for example, was something missed in either the description or the scans? If not, and the customer was fully aware of the book's condition and how it came to that grade, then I'd be more reluctant to take a return.

And if it's someone I'm not interested in dealing with again, I'd do whatever it takes to make them go away. lol

Ultimately you want to foster good customer relations but not all customers are the same. And the customer is not always right.

I offer returns on 3rd party graded books. Absolutely yes!

I want to give my customers every reason possible to want to do business with me again.

Do you mean on ebay?

It doesn't matter where. Factor it into your business model (even if you're just an occasional seller) and it's not very painful.

Me too in fact I suggest a return even if they are satisfied or offer partial refunds etc

Like if they left good FB I message em hey sure you dont want a partial refund or anything it would be no problem

"The customer is always right" is an attitude that great sellers have, rather than a statement of what actually is.

If a customer tells you your mother smells of elderberries, is he actually right? :whistle:

"The customer is always right" is an attitude that great sellers have, rather than a statement of what actually is.

If a customer tells you your mother smells of elderberries, is he actually right? :whistle:

That depends.

Was your father a hamster?

lol

I think most people that have dealt with me would say I'm pretty easy going but I do believe in standing up for what's right whether you're in customer service or not and there are lines that shouldn't be crossed by customers (or people in customer service, obviously).

And if a customer says my mother smells of elderberries he's going to be told in no uncertain words that she doesn't. It's as simple as that. :sumo:

Some customers are not worth having-chef Ramsey can tell ya that

I watched my boss carry a customer out the door by the scruff of his neck and his belt and get thrown into the parking lot when I was in my 20's.

That left an impression on me, let me tell you! lol