• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

consigning comics on Heritage

65 posts in this topic

This is one of the few sites I haven't consigned with.

It's seems a stretch that comic people would buy books here, since there is that huge buyers fee not at other sites.

Any quick observations here?

Thanks...

Heritage literally spares no expense in keeping their website top notch, promoting products across the internet, publishing catalogues and making the buying experience as easy as possible.

They do however charge a seller and a buyer premium for their premium service.

It's seems a stretch that comic people would buy books here, since there is that huge buyers fee not at other sites.

Thanks...

cannot believe this comes up every 3 months or so. if you can't factor the buyers premium into your bid, you deserve to overpay.

I understand the sellers fee is 10 percent, and the buyers 19 percent, if that hasn't changed.

So, how do Silver Age comics do, generally? Comicconnect is the other option currently, and perhaps a more obvious choice, but it's next auction is many months away. Comiclink is not in play on this one. I haven't used Pedigree either, the other choice.

Thanks...

cannot believe this comes up every 3 months or so. if you can't factor the buyers premium into your bid, you deserve to overpay.

Well, as a seller that would be my exact concern, that people would reduce their bids significantly to accommodate the buyers fee...seems logical they would have to, so that would suggest heritage is not the best place for comics.

Unless their reputation mitigates that and generates higher bids regardless...

Thanks...

What I don't get is this acceptance for buyer's premiums? People make a huge stink about Paypal fees but then don't bat an eye at the auction houses that charge an extra fee just because they can.

Heritage has good stuff but the fee structure is out of whack. People that say you must figure in the juice yeah right. But 20% tacked on to a high bid is a huge nut.

I have bought in the past from Heritage but for larger items i'd much rather go with Comic Link. Also I think Heritage has a $5,000 dollar and up limit on books to be consigned. Under 5k in value they won't consign the item or items

Heritage has good stuff but the fee structure is out of whack. People that say you must figure in the juice yeah right. But 20% tacked on to a high bid is a huge nut.

I have bought in the past from Heritage but for larger items i'd much rather go with Comic Link. Also I think Heritage has a $5,000 dollar and up limit on books to be consigned. Under 5k in value they won't consign the item or items

Wow, $5,000 grand and up. That's rich. This book happens to be worth more than that, but unless someone convinces me otherwise it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for selling comics.

Wow, $5,000 grand and up. That's rich. This book happens to be worth more than that, but unless someone convinces me otherwise it just doesn't seem to be a good fit for selling comics.

IMHO the comiclink quarterly features represent the best balance of service/value/high end collectors for the high dollar books. Have you tried them before?

No, I also am a seller and buyer from Comiclink and have had no problems at all, I was just saying in this particular case it wasn't the best fit probably. The reason is simple, I bought it there. Nothing more to it.

No, I also am a seller and buyer from Comiclink and have had no problems at all, I was just saying in this particular case it wasn't the best fit probably. The reason is simple, I bought it there. Nothing more to it.
Gotcha (thumbs u

People that say you must figure in the juice yeah right. But 20% tacked on to a high bid is a huge nut.

Your high bid is your high bid - doesn't matter a whit to a buyer how your money is divided up.

Heritage has far and away the best scans in the business, which for me puts them above all other auction sites. Customer service has been great from my experience, and there's the chance to see auction items in person when a Signature Auction is nearby. They're a go-to site for me as a buyer. For selling, I think they do best with certain genres, but for others there are probably better alternatives to consign to.

People that say you must figure in the juice yeah right. But 20% tacked on to a high bid is a huge nut.

Your high bid is your high bid - doesn't matter a whit how your money is divided up if your bid wins.

Heritage has far and away the best scans in the business, which for me puts them above all other auction sites. Customer service has been great from my experience, and there's the chance to see auction items in person when a Signature Auction is nearby. They're a go-to site for me as a buyer. For selling, I think they do best with certain genres, but for others there may be better alternatives to consign to.

The OP is considering it from a sellers point, any positive feedback on that note? Ive had dismal luck selling there sorry to say. Buying Ive always been out bid or overpaid. One time I did pick up a book below GPA though.

Your high bid is your high bid - doesn't matter a whit how your money is divided up if your bid wins.

Heritage has far and away the best scans in the business, which for me puts them above all other auction sites. Customer service has been great from my experience, and there's the chance to see auction items in person when a Signature Auction is nearby. They're a go-to site for me as a buyer. For selling, I think they do best with certain genres, but for others there may be better alternatives to consign to.

The OP is considering it from a sellers point, any positive feedback on that note?

I posted the opinion that Heritage gets top dollar for certain genres. For instance, no site gets better prices for ECs and for runs of unslabbed SA and BA, as far as I know. For GA and pre-code, others would need to weigh in.

The OP is considering it from a sellers point, any positive feedback on that note?

I posted the opinion that Heritage gets top dollar for certain genres. For instance, no site gets better prices for ECs and for runs of unslabbed SA and BA, as far as I know. For GA and pre-code, others would need to weigh in.

Is top dollar really top dollar to the seller tho once Heritage takes their buyers fee cut?

Is top dollar really top dollar to the seller tho once Heritage takes their buyers fee cut?

It's already been mentioned that the buyer's premium+consignment fee is negotiable. Shall I mention it again?

It's already been mentioned that the buyer's premium+consignment fee is negotiable. Shall I mention it again?

If you wanna be a , sure. Go ahead. (thumbs u

Not everybody will be able to negotiate to get the buyers premium removed.