• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Death of Wolverine

50 posts in this topic

How did Wolverine die?

Last panel

Explanation:

For those who haven't read the issue, basically Wolverine interrupts Dr. Cornelius from turning random people from all over the world into Weapon X. The last thing they need is to be pumped full of adamantium and Wolverine sacrifices himself by puncturing the adamantium tank and due to that it completely covers him. I'm surprised he was able to walk as long as he was, he at least made it outside. It was a noble death, sacrificing himself to save others from the torment he had gone through all those year ago.

Sauce: Reddit user dreamerintherye

Reddit Comment Thread

Loved it, a fitting tribute. Soule is a great writer.

+1 I was very happy with it. I'll repost my CG comment about it:

It wasn't in front of a crowd, or an audience, he didn't save the universe in doing it, no snappy one-liners and no one really knew what was going on. It really spoke to the core of his character and gave him a classy exit.

It wasn't in front of a crowd, or an audience, he didn't save the universe in doing it, no snappy one-liners and no one really knew what was going on. It really spoke to the core of his character and gave him a classy exit.

Is he really alive under all that adamantium? I'm going to guess yep he is and will be back in a year. 2c

Is he really alive under all that adamantium? I'm going to guess yep he is and will be back in a year. 2c

I dunno. Obviously they will bring him back, but...

He's encased in that Adamantium, so will they pull a Han Solo and crack him out in a year or two? Someone elsewhere mentioned that it'd be cool if he came back younger, as a result of being in 'hibernation' allowing his healing factor to not only come back, but to actually heal him moreso that when he was alive and walking around. That would give Marvel a "new" Wolverine to build upon - same character, new look.

Of course, this skirts the basic laws of nature like: living cells need oxygen, etc. But it's comics, after all.

Regardless, I know people have disdain for death/resurrection stories, but I think it's a solid way to give people a break and build on the 'absence makes the heart grow fonder' concept - when he comes back, Wolvie fans are ready to read. As much as people hate it, it does work in it's own way.

I thought the ending was pretty anti-climatic, luckily they're giving me 7 more issues to read :banana:

Did you expect it to be an epic Wolverine fighting Sabretooth on top of a ridge where he plunges to his death in a cold Canadian river (and the last panel showing his hand reaching out of the water as he slowly gargles his last AARRGGGGHHH)? lol

Not quite the bang I was expecting but that was the tone of the story throughout. Does a very good job at bringing everything full circle.

1-3 was good reading, i read #4 yesterday.... it really let me down. i was expecting WAY MORE. the art was good, the cover was bad , however i was left feeling and saying to myself " Is that it? "

i'll be awaiting his return... hopefully when he comes back the stories are good again.

1-3 was good reading, i read #4 yesterday.... it really let me down. i was expecting WAY MORE. the art was good, the cover was bad , however i was left feeling and saying to myself " Is that it? "

i'll be awaiting his return... hopefully when he comes back the stories are good again.

Agreed 100%

For investment I think the book is rather uninspiring mainly due to it not being a true and final death based on "the boy who cried wolf" reputation of Marvel and their resurrecting nearly all characters they as of the past recent decades have decided to create these "epic events" in the name of marketing and sales over good storytelling and longevity towards any continuity.

The best books to buy for this title if looking to make money short or long term are probably the rare variants and exclusives such as the special covers by Ed McGuiness and those "Hastings" exclusives by Greg Land, as well as anything short printed or hard to find by other artists.

Finished 4 today. All I can say is 'meh'. Wasn't great, wasn't horrible.

+1. Just finished #4 and I'm quite underwhelmed.

Kudos to Soule for writing giving us a so-so story fitting for a publicity-stunt death...perfectly executed. Would have a been a HUGE let down if that was really the last we saw of Logan, but in this case it seems fitting lol

Talking to my file LCS owner, all of the stores here ordered big and the first issue to sell out across the city is...............#2. Anyone else seeing similar trends in their locales?

Talking to my file LCS owner, all of the stores here ordered big and the first issue to sell out across the city is...............#2. Anyone else seeing similar trends in their locales?

Is that normally the case with these type of books? Order heavy for #1 and then cut your losses for #2?

I still see #1 in my area, but no #2 or 3...