• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buyer Feedback

13 posts in this topic

So what are thoughts about buyer feedback. When should it be left, is it rude if they don't, etc?

I recently sold 2 slabbed books. Left feedback after they paid, the books have since been sent and received. I don't intend to write the buyer just was curious should I expect feedback? It's been a few days since the books were marked as received, about a full week, 5-6 days at least.

DId you let them know you had a thread. I will be the first to admit if you don't remind me to look for your Kudo's thread I will not think about it here. I will definitely leave feedback if the seller has a thread.

Sorry, my mistake, eBay. People I've dealt with here have been good about leaving feedback.

DId you let them know you had a thread. I will be the first to admit if you don't remind me to look for your Kudo's thread I will not think about it here. I will definitely leave feedback if the seller has a thread.

Sorry, my mistake, eBay. People I've dealt with here have been good about leaving feedback.

Ping them. No harm in asking. They'll see that it means something to you and may be more courteous afterwards (thumbs u

I don't sell much on ebay these days but when I did, I always left positive feedback for a buyer upon receipt of their payment. I've never asked for feedback in return and would estimate that about 2/3 of buyers left feedback for me. If it's important to you, I see no harm in asking but if you sell regularly, your feedback will build quickly without chasing or asking for it.

I don't sell much on ebay these days but when I did, I always left positive feedback for a buyer upon receipt of their payment. I've never asked for feedback in return and would estimate that about 2/3 of buyers left feedback for me. If it's important to you, I see no harm in asking but if you sell regularly, your feedback will build quickly without chasing or asking for it.

^^

So what are thoughts about buyer feedback. When should it be left, is it rude if they don't, etc?

I recently sold 2 slabbed books. Left feedback after they paid, the books have since been sent and received. I don't intend to write the buyer just was curious should I expect feedback? It's been a few days since the books were marked as received, about a full week, 5-6 days at least.

Like has been stated already, I always make a practice of leaving feedback as soon as I receive payment. The buyer requirements are met once they send that payment, and anything else is all on the seller.

I travel a lot for work, so while I almost always leave feedback for sellers, it's often slow. I'd wait two weeks, and then - if the feedback was really, really important to me - send a gentle reminder.

I ALWAYS leave feedback after payment unless I made a mistake. I have noticed Tons! And I mean ALOT of people who buy from me never leave feedback. It's actually really annoying. I sold over hundreds of magic the gathering cards and comics on eBay all ranging from $5 - $5000 and HALF of them never leave feedback.

What is wrong with buyers? Is it laziness? I constantly buy comics and leave feedback. I feel its important. I guess some people don't care or are extremely lazy?

I just think its a courtesy thing, as I seller I leave feedback after payment. As a buyer I leave feedback upon receipt of item and looking it over. It's slightly annoying, especiallyt when considering some of the old rules paypal/ebay had. They only used to release funds when the buyer left positive feedback so you had to wait. Now it no longer does this for me as funds are released automatically, but if this is still a rule, it really puts the seller in a bind, that said I think buyers should leave feedback as a common courtesy. After all, feedback is used when looking over sellers.

Feedback is optional.

Feedback leaves a public trail of what you have bought and sold, and with whom. You don't have to play the feedback game at all if you don't want to.

I leave it as a courtesy to good buyers and sellers. As a buyer, I usually wait a few weeks and then leave a bunch of feedback all at once. It's just easier that way. As a seller, I usually leave positive feedbacks for every buyer after I've completed shipping, just as an extra thank-you for patronizing my auctions/sales.

I also Yelp local businesses that do a great job. Unfortunately, I tend to leave mostly positive Yelp reviews, and Yelp's algorithm interprets that as shilling and buries the reviews so that they don't affect the business's rating! Argh!