• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does interior damage hurt the grade of a book?

19 posts in this topic

I'm not sure if CG is the right spot for this, but I'm curious if anyone has any idea how much the interior pages hurt the grade? We run grading contests without even looking at the inside, and it just makes me wonder if the interiors even hurt the grade…

Is there a rule of thumb? Does anyone know?

yes of course interior damage hurts the grade. it's expected that interior damaged is disclosed in the PGM threads when it exists.

depending on the interior damage, it will hurt the book either greatly or not much at all

Merely get some old dude to sign a waiver that that's how the ASM came off the printer and you should be ok

I think that as long as readability of the book is preserved, like on that Spidey, there should be minimal effect on the grade. I do believe that Mile High received a bit of a gift grade, though. Once the missing piece hits text or line art, I'm thinking it's technically 0.5, but I'd expect pies to be thrown at me for making that suggestion...