• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is very impressive

65 posts in this topic

What is most impressive to me since paying for my first CGC membership is looking at the registry and seeing complete or near complete early runs of classic silver age sets , and any complete golden age set , not necessarily the high grade runs either, anyone who has tried or is trying to complete a golden age set 100% CGC graded knows how truly unavailable many issues are and for those collectors that do complete them it is truly amazing! it takes much time and patience, I applaud all of you members with completely graded sets and I truly enjoy seeing the photo gallery's and reading the descriptions of them. thank you and I hope to have a few myself some day

Provide some examples please. Maybe some registry links. I appreciate the golden age comics but don't know much about them myself.

I just go the registry and pick a subject (like horror for example) or series and start exploring the registry looking for sets 100% complete, very impressive

The registry can definitely be interesting to look at, but what does that have to do with paying for a CGC membership?

it's pretty hard to complete a 100% CGC graded set without joining CGC and submitting some of the comics yourself raw , you cannot find them all on-line already graded

I don't get the whole registry thing. I've never felt the need to flout my stuff, nor do I desire spending thousands to slab books I already know are impressive.

oh I am sorry but this is " the CGC Chatboard Forum " so pretty sure that many,..MANY of the people on this site are proud of their collections and are appreciative of those who ARE impressed with their collections on display I have heard there are other comic forums which are not sponsored by CGC which would welcome a viewpoint similar to yours but this sight is primarily a sight promoting the glories of CGC graded comics and they are wonderful to behold

I don't get the whole registry thing. I've never felt the need to flout my stuff, nor do I desire spending thousands to slab books I already know are impressive.

oh I am sorry but this is " the CGC Chatboard Forum " so pretty sure that many,..MANY of the people on this site are proud of their collections and are appreciative of those who ARE impressed with their collections on display I have heard there are other comic forums which are not sponsored by CGC which would welcome a viewpoint similar to yours but this sight is primarily a sight promoting the glories of CGC graded comics and they are wonderful to behold

:facepalm:

I think the registry is stupid, and I have no problem stating that here.

Take it more of his point of view and less of a ballistic aimed towards you. No ill will was directed from how I interpreted it (thumbs u

The registry can definitely be interesting to look at, but what does that have to do with paying for a CGC membership?

it's pretty hard to complete a 100% CGC graded set without joining CGC and submitting some of the comics yourself raw , you cannot find them all on-line already graded

Lazyboy's referring to the fact that you don't need to have a paying membership to either browse or participate in the registry.

I welcome Shadroch's viewpoint. :foryou:

It just recently been revealed to me that those on these chatboards who have some of the highest post counts are actually vehemently opposed to CGC graded comics which some of the replies on this very thread confirm, its actually quite galling to consider that theses CGC boards have been hijacked by non CGC people whom belittle those like me who love CGC

It just recently been revealed to me that those on these chatboards who have some of the highest post counts are actually vehemently opposed to CGC graded comics which some of the replies on this very thread confirm, its actually quite galling to consider that theses CGC boards have been hijacked by non CGC people whom belittle those like me who love CGC

:devil: I'M OUT TO GET YOU!!! :devil:

It just recently been revealed to me that those on these chat boards who have some of the highest post counts are actually vehemently opposed to CGC graded comics which some of the replies on this very thread confirm, its actually quite galling to consider that theses CGC boards have been hijacked by non CGC people whom belittle those like me who love CGC

So because we aren't members of CGC you will belittle us?

:facepalm:

I think the registry is stupid, and I have no problem stating that here.

+1

Some of the sets with pictures and information are very cool, but a lot of them are very plain and empty. It isn't exciting unless it has pictures.