• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is very impressive

65 posts in this topic

The registry can definitely be interesting to look at, but what does that have to do with paying for a CGC membership?

it's pretty hard to complete a 100% CGC graded set without joining CGC and submitting some of the comics yourself raw , you cannot find them all on-line already graded

you don't have to pay for membership to send books to CGC

i don't have a membership and prob 95% of my 800+ books i subbed myself, hell i can point out which books i bought already graded, if that gives you an idea of how little it is

Thank you I learned something again (from you and a couple others mentioned it too)I didn't realize you could submit books to CGC without joining , with the PSA sportscards company you have to join to submit.

and I just started collecting comics again , I think it is still worth joining each year because the coupon for four submission is good for books valued up to $1000 dollars whereas the cheaper direct submission are only good for up to $150.00 value thanks again ! I still wonder why most the boardies with the highest chat post totals come on these boards when they are vehemently opposed to CGC, and graded comics, very odd , and hypocritical in my opinion.

The registry can definitely be interesting to look at, but what does that have to do with paying for a CGC membership?

it's pretty hard to complete a 100% CGC graded set without joining CGC and submitting some of the comics yourself raw , you cannot find them all on-line already graded

i don't have a membership and prob 95% of my 800+ books i subbed myself, hell i can point out which books i bought already graded, if that gives you an idea of how little it is

Thank you I learned something again (from you and a couple others mentioned it too)I didn't realize you could submit books to CGC without joining , with the PSA sportscards company you have to join to submit.

and I just started collecting comics again , I think it is still worth joining each year because the coupon for four submission is good for books valued up to $1000 dollars whereas the cheaper direct submission are only good for up to $150.00 value thanks again ! I still wonder why of the boardies with the highest chat post totals come on these boards when they are vehemently opposed to CGC, and graded comics, odd don't you think?

Not really.

- In real life we have probably bored the pants off of everyone we know already with comics and comic related stuff... but here in Neverland that doesn't happen.

- People buy / sell / trade on here a LOT

- Access to heaps of information

- Comic book creators also post on these forums

- There are dealers on here and sometimes they are really helpful (but don't tell them I told you that)

- It may be the CGC forums but the community on here is often what matters, not the corporate entity that runs the server (doesn't mean they aren't or can't be part of the community).

- There are also a few bad points I could cover but any group of people that is large enough will have its problems and they are common to most discussion boards. None of us are as dumb as all of us.

I wouldn't get hung up on its purpose, the rules, following the crowd or trying to please it.

and I just started collecting comics again , I think it is still worth joining each year because the coupon for four submission is good for books valued up to $1000 dollars whereas the cheaper direct submission are only good for up to $150.00 value thanks again ! I still wonder why most the boardies with the highest chat post totals come on these boards when they are vehemently opposed to CGC, and graded comics, very odd , and hypocritical in my opinion.

Where is this vehemence of which you speak?

:blahblah:

[ I still wonder why most the boardies with the highest chat post totals come on these boards when they are vehemently opposed to CGC, and graded comics, very odd , and hypocritical in my opinion.

Says the guy that is vehemently opposed to grading certain comics.