• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First Infinity Gauntlet

40 posts in this topic

Also, people have cared about this sort of thing for a lot of years. First Cosmic Cube, First so and so's new costume,1st spider-buggy, 1st Batmobile etc....Caring about objects is far from new.

I thought collecting key first appearances of villains was a bit of a reach in blowing speculator bubbles, but now you're on to first appearances of inanimate objects?

-T

Per Wikipedia, Thanos Quest 2 is the first appearance of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Publication information

Publisher Marvel Comics

First appearance Soul Gem: The Power of Warlock #1 (Aug. 1972);

Power & Time Gem: Marvel Team-Up #55 (Mar. 1977);

All Six Gems: Avengers Annual #7 (1977).

as The Infinity Gauntlet: The Thanos Quest #2 (Oct. 1990)

Also, people have cared about this sort of thing for a lot of years. First Cosmic Cube, First so and so's new costume,1st spider-buggy, 1st Batmobile etc....Caring about objects is far from new.

I thought collecting key first appearances of villains was a bit of a reach in blowing speculator bubbles, but now you're on to first appearances of inanimate objects?

-T

Touche'. I admit that was flippant of me. Sometimes inanimate objects are particularly relevant, and like-wise with some villains. I just had imaginings of people collecting first appearances of Mandrill, or the first time the Hulk doesn't wear purple pants.

Per Wikipedia, Thanos Quest 2 is the first appearance of the Infinity Gauntlet.

Publication information

Publisher Marvel Comics

First appearance Soul Gem: The Power of Warlock #1 (Aug. 1972);

Power & Time Gem: Marvel Team-Up #55 (Mar. 1977);

All Six Gems: Avengers Annual #7 (1977).

as The Infinity Gauntlet: The Thanos Quest #2 (Oct. 1990)

It is. lol

Nope, it's not. They're not in the gauntlet, nor is it mentioned in Thanos Quest, only the six gems as collected by Thanos and a description of what they are (and they are still called 'Soul Gems' in TQ).

Does he not have the infinity gauntlet in Thanos Quest? That came out before that SS..

Thanos got all the gems in TQ #2 (after beating all the elders). SS #34 shows all the gems functioning as the infinity gauntlet we know today.

Does he not have the infinity gauntlet in Thanos Quest? That came out before that SS..

Thanos got all the gems in TQ #2 (after beating all the elders). SS #34 #44 shows all the gems functioning as the infinity gauntlet we know today.

#34 is the resurrection of Thanos. #44 is the first Infinity Gauntlet. Maybe we need to get some scans up in here, too. I'll try to check tonight. I can't find that SS #44 reference in the other thread.

FYI - here's the last 4 pages of Thanos Quest #2, which show Thanos' gloves, but no gems in them:

Thanos%20Quest%202-46.jpg

Thanos%20Quest%202-47.jpg

Thanos%20Quest%202-48.jpg

Thanos%20Quest%202-49.jpg

Thanos; The Ultimate Completist.

I always wondered how they stopped him after obtaining all 5 gems. I mean, with it he had complete control of reality, time, space, minds, and energy.

How did they do it? Get him for trademark infringment?

Enquiring minds want to know!

-Terry