• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thread dedicated to stopping people from posting above what they quote.

69 posts in this topic

(seriously, this is not a victimless crime)

How can you be here seven years and not know to write your new text BELOW the quote text? ???

I just posted this on a Facebook group that I'm a part of and I figured that it might be a good thread idea.

#1)

((1st Big Hero 6: Alpha Flight #17, or Sunfire and the Big Hero 6 #1?))

The first offense applies to the first app. of The Big hero 6. (there may be a thread about this particular one already, but I would like to keep the list together)

Sellers are attempting to pimp Alpha Flight #17 as their 1st app. and that logic is asinine.

Saying that AF #17 is the first "in continuity" appearance implies that the Sunfire 1-3 mini isn't in continuity. It is. It's most similar to the that try to push Secret Wars #8 as the 1st black costume for Spidey when there was a year between Ama #252 and that book. There are gobs of books where the black costume appears in spidey books that predates SW #8. If Marvel produces a book that shows the members of Big Hero 6 being born next month then I guess AF #17 gets relegated to no longer being the 1st in continuity app. of the team by that ridiculous logic since the characters are younger.

You can't even equate this situation to Batman Adventures #12 (1st printed app. of Harley in a comic) and Batman: Harley Quinn (1st app of Harley in regular DC continuity). AF #17 is the 4th app. of Big Hero 6 in both printed real life time, and also the 4th (5th if you count the cameo in AF #16) app. of the team that are part of regular Marvel Universe continuity.

AF #17 is a great book to have, but Sunfire + BH6#1 is the first in every way except for the inane perception that retroactive continuity somehow trumps in continuity books that predate them.

I'm trying to keep cameos vs 1st full app. out of the conversation btw.

I'm talking clear cut misdirection from Ebay users.

Books like Uncanny #266/ X-men annual #14 ( 1st Gambit)

and

X-factor #23/#24 (1st Archangel)

Miiiiight belong here too, but then it starts being a question of "What counts as a cameo?", and I'm trying to stick to books that there shouldn't really be a debate. The X-men #266/ Annual #14 thing is pretty ridiculous in my opinion considering how much Gambit appears in annual #14, but the market loves #266 to death because of varying reasons.

2) 1st Black Costume Spider-man: Amazing Spider-man #252, or Secret wars #8?

This one is too ridiculous to even debate really. Amazing #252 beats it by a really long amount of time.

I think it's been erringly proliferated due to something that was stated on Kevin Smith's show Comic Book Men. Where a person looking to sell a Secret Wars set of comics and Walter states that it's the first appearance of the black spidey suit.

(S1 E3)

-T

has much to do with the cover art as well. The Xmen annual Gambit appearance doesn't have a classic cover featuring Gambit whereas 266 does.

A case could be made that Amazing Spiderman 360 is the first appearance of Carnage, as he appears for an entire page and even kills someone.

This one is too ridiculous to even debate really. Amazing #252 beats it by a really long amount of time.

To be clear, your point of contention is those that advertise key comments incorrectly, intentionally or otherwise, such as SW #8 as the "1st Black Symbiote Costume" rather than "Origin of the Black Symbiote Costume" (doesn't a graded ASM 252 even state on the label that it ties as the first appearance with MTU #141)?

Is there a sub-section of this thread for every jag who puts "NOT 9.8" in their listing title for a CGC book nowhere near NM/M, "NOT 300" in every listing for an ASM book between issue 200 to 400, or "NOT CGC" in every listing for a PGX graded book? :frustrated:

I originally thought Big Hero 6 was an in-house Disney project and was unaware of the comic roots until the comic pimps came along. I also just saw a guy in the subway dressed in a fire engine red suit with a matching bowler hat, purple scarf and cane. He looked like a pimp. Maybe not a comic pimp but I probably should have asked.

34th and 7th btw

lol Sure!

I think it's ok to state either of the issues that tie as the 1st. If they literally did come out the same week then I don't see why not. Calling Secret Wars 8 the 1st though....guh.

To be clear, your point of contention is those that advertise key comments incorrectly, intentionally or otherwise, such as SW #8 as the "1st Black Symbiote Costume" rather than "Origin of the Black Symbiote Costume" (doesn't a graded ASM 252 even state on the label that it ties as the first appearance with MTU #141)?

Is there a sub-section of this thread for every jag who puts "NOT 9.8" in their listing title for a CGC book nowhere near NM/M, "NOT 300" in every listing for an ASM book between issue 200 to 400, or "NOT CGC" in every listing for a PGX graded book? :frustrated:

I think you just witnessed the 1st in continuity app. of Deadpool. NM #98's are now rendered worthless! lol

I originally thought Big Hero 6 was an in-house Disney project and was unaware of the comic roots until the comic pimps came along. I also just saw a guy in the subway dressed in a fire engine red suit with a matching bowler hat, purple scarf and cane. He looked like a pimp. Maybe not a comic pimp but I probably should have asked.

34th and 7th btw

I think you just witnessed the 1st in continuity app. of Deadpool. NM #98's are now rendered worthless! lol

34th and 7th btw

How can you be here seven years and not know to write your new text BELOW the quote text? ???

34th and 7th btw

I'm sensing a future thread to stop the herd of boardies who post ABOVE the quoted text.

Swamp Thing 50 is recently being pimped at the first appearance of Justice League Dark. Except the story's logical jumping on point and the formation of the team and acquisition of a home base takes place in Swamp Thing 49. I think it similar to other books mentioned in this thread though where the cover matters. Swamp Thing 50 has all the characters on the cover, whereas 49 is just art of Swamp Thing's face.

I guess my thing is... do you really need to say anything else about Secret Wars #8 or Spidey #252?

I mean, nobody's just browsing eBay and happens to come upon these books. They're searching for it. And they're likely not searching for "first black costume", they're searching for title and issue.

It's keyword spamming at its worst, because it's keywords that nobody is going to use to search for an item.

It can become confusing if people go back and forth between posting above and under quoted text.

34th and 7th btw

I'm sensing a future thread to stop the herd of boardies who post ABOVE the quoted text.

This

the

rule

ever

of.

34th and 7th btw

Is

stoopidest

I

heard

:sumo:

It can become confusing if people go back and forth between posting above and under quoted text.

34th and 7th btw

The relationship between Quote and Text was getting stale.