• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Do you assume most NM+ are pre-screening rejects?

21 posts in this topic

If the person selling the book seems to have a lot of slabbed books I almost always assume the books must have gone thru pre-screening for 9.8. I know there are a bunch of reasons to sell books raw considering to cost and time it takes to slab a book but it always crosses my head. Do you assume the same thing.

And if you did get a batch of rejected books from a pre-screening would you state it in your sales thread or is it no ones business as long as you don't state they are possible 9.8s.

I always do a pre screen for 9.8, my rejects can be looked at a few ways. I can say they are at least a 9.4 or 9.6 which i would state, or if i think it is a hot enough book resubmit for a 9.8. If enough rejects come back i don't think will sell, i put them as gifts to people who win my Ebay auctions.