• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Charge Backs, eBay, and Paranoia

88 posts in this topic

I am going to start buying everything I want on ebay, try to sell it for 175 days, and then return it, if I can't make a profit on it. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know you're joking, but it is the reality of the situation.

Buy gold, if the market doesn't increase, return it.

Buy a book, Blu-ray, or CD on Half.com, read it, watch it, burn it, and then return it.

Buy a slab, try to resell it, if it doesn't sell, return it.

This is the future.

Dear Darkstar,

Thank you for contacting PayPal.

The 180 timeframe is not a return policy, it is a timeframe under which the buyer can choose to file a dispute or claim for Non Receipt or if the item was received significant not as described. The buyer would need to have a significant reason why the item was not as described in order to be able to return something they received from you and would have to raise their claim within a reasonable timeframe after receipt of the item. Having the item for months and then the item developing a fault or being cheaper elsewhere would not be a valid reason to file such a claim and claims such as these would be denied if they were raised by a buyer.

Thank you for choosing PayPal.

Sincerely,

Lorelei

Protection Services Department

PayPal, an eBay Company

I read this letter again, it is such utter nonsense. Anyone who used PayPal ought to write them and complain about this, and stop selling and using them as a payment option. This is a travesty

I am going to start buying everything I want on ebay, try to sell it for 175 days, and then return it, if I can't make a profit on it. Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buy a book, Blu-ray, or CD on Half.com, read it, watch it, burn it, and then return it.

This is the future.

I'm wondering if YOU are joking. This is at the very end of the worst case scenario. This kind of situation, though it is possible, there is no guarantee, in fact highly improbable that the buyer would succeed in this plan. So unlikely that as a seller I am not even going to worry about it, at all. Ebay is not perfect, but this issue is far down the list of problems I have with Ebay. My biggest problem with them is really just the high fees = 13% when you add in PayPal too.

Seems like every time I look at Ebay to try and re-evaluate it I come across totally weird s :censored:.

689 bids - all the same bidder - all the same amount

??? What the hell's that about, other than jumping to the top of "most bids" searches? And why does Ebay even allow that kind of BS?

that is very strange indeed. Auto bidder gone nuts?

I have seen that if you bid the minimum first, it gets recorded. If you then enter an automatic bid to raise your offer amount to higher number (and face no other immediate bids), it usually records the same bid amount again. This can be helpful to know as it kind of tells you to expect that the minimum raise will not be enough.

I wonder what would happen if bid on this item.

Seems like every time I look at Ebay to try and re-evaluate it I come across totally weird s :censored:.

689 bids - all the same bidder - all the same amount

??? What the hell's that about, other than jumping to the top of "most bids" searches? And why does Ebay even allow that kind of BS?

that is very strange indeed. Auto bidder gone nuts?

I have seen that if you bid the minimum first, it gets recorded. If you then enter an automatic bid to raise your offer amount to higher number (and face no other immediate bids), it usually records the same bid amount again. This can be helpful to know as it kind of tells you to expect that the minimum raise will not be enough.

I wonder what would happen if bid on this item.

We should punish bid the heck out of this fool and then retract when we reach his limit..... :devil:

This is the future.

I'm wondering if YOU are joking. This is at the very end of the worst case scenario. This kind of situation, though it is possible, there is no guarantee, in fact highly improbable that the buyer would succeed in this plan. So unlikely that as a seller I am not even going to worry about it, at all. Ebay is not perfect, but this issue is far down the list of problems I have with Ebay. My biggest problem with them is really just the high fees = 13% when you add in PayPal too.

The 13% doesn't bother me I will gladly pay that for the exposure it gives me. Its all the others stuff that makes you begin to re-evaluate. I sell raw books so my overhead is much lower and a lot easier to move inventory just due to cost.

I would be much more concern if I was selling slabs just due to the higher price point and higher % of buyer's remorse. I don't see how its not likely a larger % of returns is going to happen on books that have higher premiums.