• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How much does a detached cover affect value?

34 posts in this topic

Why the sense of urgency that you have to specifically buy one of these ? To be honest, I don't like the look of either copy and with CR/OW pages I would pass on both. Patience and the right copy will come along.

There's a site. www.gpanalysis.com $10 a month or so. The guy who compiles the data is on these boards. It's a very helpful service. You can also call www.comiclink.com to access their sales data. Once you are a bit more comfortable with your range, you may want to inquire on the WTB forum for a 2.0-3.0 AF 15. Many quality dealers peruse it daily. I've landed some gems there.

That 2.5 any day of the week.

Yeah, with the description as given by the OP, I might lean towards the "detached cover 2.0 that looks like a 4.0", but I think the 2.5 looks better as is.

Hard to tell for sure with the size of the pictures, though.

That 2.5 any day of the week.

Yeah, with the description as given by the OP, I might lean towards the "detached cover 2.0 that looks like a 4.0", but I think the 2.5 looks better as is.

Hard to tell for sure with the size of the pictures, though.

No pictures needed. Close your eyes and say it in your head. "Cover detached or cover not detached".

I had this dilemma when purchasing my af15. I went with the detached cover. I disagree it affects value in this book. A 2.0 is a 2.0.

Checking gpa, some af15s with tape, detached cover, etc. sold for more than books in the same grade without those issues

To me, Id go for the least expensive, better presenting, as the book is sure to go up in value in any grade.

I don't know if it's the camera, but the 2.0 looks glossy; the 2.5 looks flat. Both have chipping. I would get the 2.0 if it's cheaper, but I agree with others ... wait for one where the cover isn't detached, and try to find OW or better pages.