• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please Close

61 posts in this topic

no I didn't buy one...I was just posting some info about the canceled auction from another site...just informing potential buyers who they are dealing with.

You may want to ask members of the other site if they are members here.

Granted the info I posted was not my pre-sale...the seller did not cancel the auction until Monday.

Case opened: Monday, Oct 13, 2014 06:18:08 PDT

Again...something fishy is going on here. The auction ended on Friday morning 6 am PT but yet wasn't canceled until Monday morning 6 am.

I don't know about the other 4 presales but if you're selling to other boardies at the con without honoring the presales it's a DB move!

He said he was hoping to fill the orders over the weekend so I think that explains why he left it up until Monday morning. Definetely not the smartest move if you end up not being able to get copies cheaply and want to keep your E-Bay customers happy.

he still sold some on ebay on Saturday and had some up for sale on Monday. So he had some copies to sell at higher prices while not honoring the presales from Thursday. Why even sell more on Sat and Mon and then cancel all his presales? Pretty much a DB move!

the timeline as i read it and eBay confirms it

Late Thursday/Friday 5 pre order copies sold on eBay @ $50 (including two accepted 'offers')

Friday pre orders are cancelled - since seller says he did not get any of the books

On Saturday seller lists 2 copies @ $120 and sells them both on eBay

In addition seller says he sold some copies to boardies at the con or 'regular guys'

Monday he has 2 copies for sale on eBay in addition to the 8 copies from his LCS

I figured I would get them the next day or the next day and then Sunday. But days ran out as everyone then "found out" about the book and exhibitors killed the line every day.

I hafta agree with you on this. I was in on the dot two days and ran to the Image booth; lines were crazy and I got zero copies (really only wanted one), then I found out about the movie rumors and I figured that's why they sold out so fast every day!

As for the pre-orders, that was a mistake I am sure you regret now; it is a tough spot to be in. Sorry.

he still sold some on ebay on Saturday and had some up for sale on Monday. So he had some copies to sell at higher prices while not honoring the presales from Thursday. Why even sell more on Sat and Mon and then cancel all his presales? Pretty much a DB move!

the timeline as i read it and eBay confirms it

Late Thursday/Friday 5 pre order copies sold on eBay @ $50 (including two accepted 'offers')

Friday pre orders are cancelled - since seller says he did not get any of the books

On Saturday seller lists 2 copies @ $120 and sells them both on eBay

In addition seller says he sold some copies to boardies at the con or 'regular guys'

Monday he has 2 copies for sale on eBay in addition to the 8 copies from his LCS

Based on that info - I'd say classic cash grab which sucks.

There are so many things that don't jive at all with this thread.

There are alot of honest sellers on here that don't switch a price because a book gets hot For example, Beachbum and Branget. I've had transactions with them and they honor their prices regardless. Maybe take a page out of their book because the way this "pre sale" was handled is not a good way to get repeat business. 2c

Star_Trek_-_In_Before_the_Lock.gif

"Money's only something you need in case you don't die tomorrow. ... main thing about money, Bud, is that it makes you do things you don't want to do."

Carl Fox

Wall Street

Yeah, but how many yachts can you water ski behind? Huh, How much is enough??

"Take him down at the knees Johnny!!" lol

Just saw this, and had a hell of surprise as I realised that my enormous variants for NYCC are coming from 2K1civicexcoupe I pre ordered them before the con and he's honoured that and has sent them off yesterday to me over here in the UK

It does look bad if he hasn't honoured other peoples pre orders though, just not cool