• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPECIAL EDITION: NYC - JUNE 6 & 7, 2015 - Pier 94 (West Side Highway)

96 posts in this topic

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=7075992&fpart=48

http://www.specialeditionnyc.com/Home/

Seems like it's coming back next year. The NYC area has many cons coming up next year it's crazy -

1. Winter Comic & Sci-Fi Expo - in Jamaica, Queens, NY on Dec. 6 & 7, 2014

2. Big Apple Con - March 7, 2015

3. East Coast Comicon - April 11 & 12, 2015

4. Special Edition - June 6 & 7, 2015

5. Eternal Con - June 13 & 14, 2015 in Long Island

6. NYCC - Oct. 8-11, 2015

Actually, the area is pretty much what anyone would expect out of NYC.

The exception being that the immediate area around the resort was quite nice and there was enclosed parking at the show, which was free, as well.

Overall,I'd say The Jamaica show was actually in a decent area and it was a fun show. I had a booth at Winter Con on the 6th, attendance was good and a decent amount of real collectors (not guys scouring my boxes, then checking their phones for pricing mistakes, ugh) were there...

Mike Carbonaro knows how to run a show.

.....I'll do any of his shows, same applies to Eternal Con.............Mike and his partner at Eternal Con don't gauge dealers with excessive table costs so collectors are more likely to get better deals at their shows than NYC Special Edition.

Aaaand the same applies to Ron Bruce, who runs the East Coast Comic Con.I heart that guy, we need more promoters like Mike and Ron.

Tickets on sale Feb. 4th at Noon, Eastern Time.

Not sure why they're selling tickets when they have no guest list yet. That's like selling concert tickets without telling the public who exactly is singing.

They will also be selling NYCC 2015 tickets there, just no VIP tickets.

You answered your own question ..... it's because they are selling NYCC tix at the show and people will attend this show just for that privilege alone. :sick:

Pier 94 is at 54th Street. More of a dead zone than Javits.

Cheers!

N.

TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!

Also, the following guests will be attending the show --

1. ALEX MALEEV

2. CHRIS CLAREMONT

3. AMY REEDER

4. MARK TEXEIRA

5. FRANK TIERI (as per his Facebook post)

6. FRED VAN LENTE

7. GREG PAK

8. KEVIN MAGUIRE

9. MARGUERITE BENNETT

More guests wil be revealed as we get closer to the con dates.

Mine is the original.

Basically, I didn't update the new date that SPECIAL EDITION applied and so someone else created a new one (as opposed to sending me note to make a change -- which would have made sense but guess that's asking for too much).

SPECIAL EDITION changed the date (which originally conflicted with the Eternal Con 2015 date -- similar to what happened last year) as well as the venue since last year it was at the Javits and this year it's at Pier 94.

BTW, VIP Tickets have sold out in record time!