• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPECIAL EDITION: NYC - JUNE 6 & 7, 2015 - Pier 94 (West Side Highway)

96 posts in this topic

I don't remember seeing his name earlier, but when I was looking over the list just now Carl Potts is going to be there. This guy was a great artist who ended up editing a ton of titles in the 80s. Check your Michael Golden books if you are bringing them and maybe Potts was the editor.

well, home already. Klaus janson and Scott Snyder were no shows, supposedly they will be there tomorrow. Got sketch covers coming Robbi Rodriguez and Amy Reeder doing Spider-Gwen 1 blanks and Ton Raney doing female thor on A-Force 1 blank. Raney was more than I wanted to spend but he is an awesome artist so why not. I should be able to get writer Marguerite Bennett's sig on there as well.

My End of Days SS books looked crappy and one sig smeared, but I got 3 clean with mack and maleev sigs, now waiting for bendis and/or janson tomorrow.

I also dipped into the OA pool again, getting a Dr Strange commission from Simon Roy. I hope that turns out well.

That Bendis line was crazy. A couple of us waited almost 3 hours from around 2.30pm to almost 5pm to get sigs. Bendis is fun to talk to, staff passed candy around and he hung around to sign everyones books. CGC also had a witness stationed there. Big thanks to Mike Balent and his staff.

That Bendis line was crazy. A couple of us waited almost 3 hours from around 2.30pm to almost 5pm to get sigs. Bendis is fun to talk to, staff passed candy around and he hung around to sign everyones books. CGC also had a witness stationed there. Big thanks to Mike Balent and his staff.

I was the witness for most of the day for Bendis, and yes he was fun to watch interact with people. Bendis also took pics of the people waiting to get books signed, and he took tons of pics with people.

Show was great. Mark Texiera was great and spent a lot of time with fans. Can't say enough how great he was. Overall, lines moved fast(other than nycc comic con ticket line) and well organized. Will definitely return next year

I was the witness for most of the day for Bendis, and yes he was fun to watch interact with people. Bendis also took pics of the people waiting to get books signed, and he took tons of pics with people.

It was nice to meet you Darwyn! thanks for witnessing the Bendis signing for us and walking me back to the booth!

Headed there now.

Gave in - as of now my only purpose is to drop some books off - maybe some shopping

I did a late afternoon as well.

Got a few books SSed and it was easy peasy.

Saw about 5 copies of SS4 and Doc 169 each but didn't pull the trigger on any of either. made an offer on one, 85% asking price or so but rebuffed.

I picked up two copies of Divinity 1 Variant D in 1st Print from Valiant and dropped off five books to CGC to have graded.

Was tempted by a raw book but was uneasy about a spot on the cover as I want this book for my ASM collection and at a 9.0 or better. Without the spot I would have spent the cash.

I was seriously considering a Superman 72 but the dealer could not reach a price I was comfortable on with the book.

So... I came home and took a consolation prize from the Heritage auction.

very happy. Only resto on the book is a tear seal and a bit of glue on the spine.

CaptainAmerica48.jpeg

picked up x-factor #5 and# 6 cgc 9.8 whites pages, invaders# 1 cgc 9.8 whites pages, she-hulk #1 9.8 white pages, Ghost rider #2 9.8 white pages( first son of satan)-hard book with only 14 9.8's on the census. Greg Reece and Anthony Snyder helped me out greatly. great prices on these books.