• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unslabbed blue label with replaced staple

6 posts in this topic

Why didn't he notice this before he sent the book in for grading.

It might be a production error as well.

We don't know if the staple was replaced or what happened.

I just don't understand these guys who make videos opening their comics after they send them for grading. What about doing a video before you send it in and discover the defects your book may have before sending it in?

Strange.

Why didn't he notice this before he sent the book in for grading.

It might be a production error as well.

We don't know if the staple was replaced or what happened.

I just don't understand these guys who make videos opening their comics after they send them for grading. What about doing a video before you send it in and discover the defects your book may have before sending it in?

Strange.

He buys already slabbed books to open for his collection. It (usually) saves the grief of buying raw books from sellers that list a vf- as NM+

Regardless of why the slab was opened, is a replacement staple like that considered restoration or is it allowed up to a certain grade?

Good point, I thought i heard him say he bought the book raw but listened again and I heard wrong.

So, he bought it graded and it has that issue...hmmm

Again, could be a production error. Not sure.

Good point, I thought i heard him say he bought the book raw but listened again and I heard wrong.

So, he bought it graded and it has that issue...hmmm

Again, could be a production error. Not sure.

I have seen comics with 2 extra staples that only hold a cover(which happens during production to add a cover to a book that made it through coverless), but they always have the same kind of staples, while this one doesn't.