• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I would have loved to live in the 1970s and work at Marvel!

22 posts in this topic

NYC was a horrible place to live in in the early to mid 1970s. The city was broke and laid off thousands of police and firemen. Ambulance service was almost non-existent. Racial tension was everywhere.

The tv show Life on Mars is a pretty accurate depiction of the Rotten Apple , as it was at the time.

With that said, I'd have loved to work at Marvel in that era.

I don't know about you guys, but when I see photos like the ones in this article, I strongly want to go back in time and go to work at Marvel in the good old seventies.

http://my-retrospace.blogspot.com/2013/04/comic-books-56-comic-book-creators.html

Stan The Man was incredibly cool, one of the coolest guy in the world. Look at Chris Claremont! Also Dave Sim was cool!

If we read this book

9780061992117_p0_v3_s260x420.JPG

unfortunately we will find out it wasn`t a paradise, and a lot of backstabbing happened back in the 1970s. :(

I'm on page 170, but I'm a slow reader. Love this book so far. So much information.