• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it too early to talk about San Diego Comic-Con 2005?

278 posts in this topic

Do I try and make it this year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Are you paying for the rounds? cloud9.gif

Not for you. I'd buy Steve and Paul drinks though. grin.gif

Would like to go so I could meet some of the folks here I don't know. Guess it will really depend on if Eduardo is going to do the show. If he is, I might make the trip. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Do I try and make it this year? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Are you paying for the rounds? cloud9.gif

Not for you. I'd buy Steve and Paul drinks though. grin.gif

Would like to go so I could meet some of the folks here I don't know. Guess it will really depend on if Eduardo is going to do the show. If he is, I might make the trip. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Screw that ... come to Chicago in August! yay.gif

Book QUICK guys. I signed on at exactly 10 a.m. and all the best hotels were already sold out for the type rooms and nights I wanted (double room, 13-17th). So I still got a pretty nice one but six blocks away, the Westin Horton Plaza at $164 p/n. I just checked now, an hour later and this hotel is now also sold out. Don't delay, book today! Within a few days you'll only have scraps to choose from. I imagine there are also more hotels not included on the comic-con.org website so I'd check those out too. Either way, book soon. And also, don't procrastinate with your con tickets either. Get those prepaid in advance so that you can go to preview night and not have to deal with on-site registration. See ya' all there. -----Sid

...there's a preview night on the 13th for members who have purchased a 4 day pass. angel.gif

27 weeks from today!

Downtown hotels for 2 or more people rooms booked up right away! I have to stay at the Holiday Inn at the Bay again! Christo_pull_hair.gif

Are you serious hotels are already booked? So i guess I shouldn't wait to the last minute then 893scratchchin-thumb.gif
Most of the ones downtown closed to the site are booked for people who need twin beds. However, for singles, they are still available. I would book now regardless if your plans are confirmed, as you have until around the end of June to cancel if needed.

Yeah, they don't charge your credit card, so why wait? I was refreshing at 9:59, and got in right at 10:00. Most hotels nearby were booked from the 13th-16th (we usually only stay a few days). When I switched to 13th-15th, I found a room at the Hilton Gaslamp. Guess I'm going home Friday. smile.gif

I think you may be able to book a single room and then pay an additional fee for a cot if you can't find any double rooms. Or (shudder) share a bed with your friend (leave a tall pile of comics between you) or take turns sleeping on the floor. All that is left now for double rooms are far away hotels, although still covered by shuttles. Go for a single and make do if you have a friend. At least that is the only way to get close at this time.