• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1st Annual Shock Pop Comicon in Ft. Lauderdale. Ever hear of it?

25 posts in this topic

Cute story... Not even remotely true... But cute

The fact is me and some friends went to check out the mis represented Biggest show in the history of South Florida. I'm pretty hard to miss, so I stick out like a sore thumb, especially in such a dead room. I did talk to vendors and artists I know, and I did tell them it was a waste of their time. I don't think anyone would disagree with me.

Did I ban anyone? Absolutely not... I dare anyone to find one vendor or exhib I told they couldn't pay for space at my show.

It was during a chat with a friend at a booth that six cops came up to ask me to leave, as I was not wanted there by the promoters. The same promoters I may add that came to our event last month to flyer our parking lot.

But... Hey, I'm glad that my appearance was the biggest news to come out of the show. I mean... There really wasn't much else to talk about, was there?

Oh... If anyone doubts me... I have some really good friends who were set up there... Jeff Dekal, Jose Delbo, Greg Kirkpatrick, Tony at Convention Exclusive, Vinnie Tartamella, etc.. Ask them if they're banned from my show, or if I had this imaginary meltdown.

Sad that the promoters are more worried about me being there than actually working to provide customers for their vendors and guests.

Mike Broder

Florida Supercon

Magic City Comic Con

Animate Miami

Why should we trust the word of a successful promoter with a great reputation over the person who signed up for the site today just to post something negative?

Why should we trust the word of a successful promoter with a great reputation over the person who signed up for the site today just to post something negative?

Wow. ...When you put it that way you're right, he has a rock solid track record.

But are we talking about Supercon Mike? Or Michael Samuel Broder? Or Michael Smalls? Or Samuel Broder? Or Sam Smalls? Because he's used all of them in the past...

I guess it really depends on if you're a booker he owes tens of thousands in unpaid contract debt to from the Twilight shows, or Steve Buscemi who he owes 1.4 Million to for illegally selling international TV rights he didn't have for a movie about Steve's dead friend. He had a contempt of court charge from the docket I'm looking at, but he probably never got it because he had his mother lie and say she didn't know where he was.

Thanks Google.

10296220.0.jpg

This should probably tell you all you need to know about the ShockPop ComicCon business practices and complete lack of ethics or respect...

JOHN WATERS AND OTHERS NEVER GOT PAID BY FORT LAUDERDALE'S SHOCK POP COMIC CON

http://www.browardpalmbeach.com/music/john-waters-and-others-never-got-paid-by-fort-lauderdales-shock-pop-comic-con-6927337