• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ever hear of Mister Magik Woo?

106 posts in this topic

An incredible couple of high grade comics popped up recently online. From this guys collection.

Wondering if he is a boardie or perhaps someone has heard of this collection of apparently high grade raw books that are now surfacing for grading...

I can't provide a link as it would be against the rules here.

What's with the Facepalm?

Because captain obvious thinks he's being "clever".

My philosophy is, if I'm a guest at someone's house and they ask me not to take a mess on their lawn, I don't urinate in their bushes.

While I agree, I don't think that extends to discussing amazing new finds, be they raw , or graded by anyone.

Agreed. I'd hate to think we can't talk about one of the nicest ASM 14s anywhere, just because it wasn't graded by CGC. As long as this doesn't devolve into a discussion of the merits of the other guys, hopefully it's cool.

What's with the Facepalm?

Because captain obvious thinks he's being "clever".

My philosophy is, if I'm a guest at someone's house and they ask me not to take a mess on their lawn, I don't urinate in their bushes.

Grow up. I followed the rules and I'm discussing comic books. And one of the nicest we've seen in the hobby.

(thumbs u

My philosophy is quit your damn whining. :baiting:

Here's a thread with Mr Woo's books: Vancouver Comic Show August 17/14

"Featuring the Pedigree Collection of Mr Magik Woo. One of the finest quality vintage comic collections on the planet. Available to the public for the first time in over 2 decades!"

Some of Woo's hi-grade comics/scans:

9wQPrZ9.jpg

Thanks for posting that. The books also include some golden age comics because there was a suspense 3 9.0

3F496FE7-9700-4923-B418-8C91D3A51CD1_zpstfaqhsra.jpg

Quite an amazing collection. I wonder who will end up auctioning them...