• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BIG Comic Art Con March 29, 2015 Secaucus, NJ

17 posts in this topic

Comic Art Con Goes Big for 2015!

Our 2015 dates are set for March 29 & September 20!

Some you may have already heard that things will be changing in 2015. Comic Art Con has outgrown it's current space so starting in 2015 we will be moving into a larger room! We will still be staying in the same hotel but now the show will be held in their 5000 square foot main ballroom!

Now that we have double the space we will be able to have more guest artists. We would love to have three creators so anyone with a Marvel / DC pedigree who is interested drop us line. Once the space is spoken for it is gone and we already have one confirmed guest so please don't wait. The sooner you commit the longer we can promote your appearance!

Also, we now have room for collectors to set up too. Our earlier shows had them and it gave us extra dimension. We want that back. We have a few spaces set aside for collectors and it will be on a first come first serve basis so if you have ever considered setting up now is the time!

For more information please go to comicartshowcase.com or email us at dgallo1291@aol.com

Mark you calendars and see you in March!

Dan Gallo & Joe Veteri

Almost forgot to mention...

We have heard numerous times over the years from people who have never attended saying, "One day..." Well, "one day" is here so if you have ever thought or said those words now is the time! We set our dates extra early giving everyone ample time to make arrangements to attend the first BIG Comic Art Con!

Okay, since this is a BIG comic art con, I pledge to make a BIG purchase at the show. I have had my eye on at least 2 pieces, one with Albert Moy and one with Scott Eder. I also have had ongoing discussions with the Donnelly brother (yes, productive talks happen in person) and there is an amazing BWS usually at the corner (Hans perhaps?) that may be in my range at last. So I pledge to bust out a stack of Benjamins at the show and see what I can get with them.

First come the holidays. Then, the Super Bowl. After that....Comic Art Con, which is just three months away!

When: Sunday, March 29

Where: Clarion Hotel Empire Meadowland Hotel

2 Harmon Plaza

Secaucus, NJ 07094

Time: 10:00 - 4:30

Guests: Bob McLeod

Greg Hildebrant

Admission: $10

Parking: Free

In 2015 Comic Art Con will be moving from it's usual 2400 square foot room to the massive 5000 square foot main ballroom at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel, (same hotel as always). The room is just about sold out and it will have 45 tables jammed packed with original comic book art...and only art. No comic books here! Doors open at 10:00 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day, (and don't forget to bring some art!). Tell your friends; this is going to be the BIG ONE!!

For more information please go to comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at dgallo1291@aol.com

Mark you calendars and see you in March!

Dan & Joe

What is the proximity to the Newark airport and what are the hours of the show in March?

If you plan it right, I can drive you over! I will be whipping up the NJ Turnpike right past Newark to the show. Who wouldn't want to get in a car with a stranger who likely has a large sum of money on hand?

The next Comic Art Con is just three weeks away and will be held on Sunday, March 29, from 10:00 - 4:30, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and bring your children for no additional cost!

Now entering it's 7th year, Comic Art Con is going BIG and will be moving across the hall from it's usual 2400 square foot room into the hotel's massive 5000 square foot main ballroom! So many people have attended over the years; Some, every show, while others, once here and there. We urge everyone who has ever walked through our doors to attend this show. It's not to be missed! The room is sold out and it will have 45 tables jammed packed with original comic book art, (and only art...no comic books here!), from the best crop of vendors under one roof!

Dealers: Anthony Snyder, Bechara Maalouf, Will Gabri-EL, Frank Giella, Hans Kosenkranius, Jim Warden, Rich Donnelly, Albert Moy, Brad the Savage, Scott Eder, Mike Burkey

Auction Houses: ComicLink, ComicConnect, Heritage

1st timers: Dan Jerome, Zaddick Longenbach, John Kuch, Drew Cheskin

Guest Artists: Bob McLeod. (Previously announced guest Greg Hildebrant will not be attending).

For more information please go to www.comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at dgallo1291@aol.com and be sure to "like" us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Comic-Art-Con/148649101838277

See you at the con!

Dan & Joe

PS In case you missed the last one here is a link to some photos http://cafurl.com?i=21520

Comic Art Con is One Week Away!

The next Comic Art Con is just one week away and will be held on Sunday, March 29, at the Clarion Empire Meadowlands Hotel, 2 Harmon Plaza in Secaucus, NJ. Admission is only $10 and bring your children for no additional cost!

Parking: About six weeks ago the parking structure we use collapsed and now has limited use, none of which is available for hotel use. The hotel has explicitly informed us that we should only park in areas designated for hotel use otherwise risk getting a ticket or towed, which is unfortunate considering it is a Sunday and there will be a lot of visible empty spaces. We have two options:

1. Use the designated hotel spaces by the Exhibition Center and in the back of the lot. There are not many and we recommend you arrive early to secure these spaces.

2. The hotel has an off site parking area about a mile away and will provide free shuttle service from Atlantic Taxi between the lot and the hotel all day. There will never be more than a 10 minute wait and we are told that we will have multiple vans at out disposal. They will just keep circling all day. The address of the lot is 1000 Secaucus Road and to get there you would :

* exit the hotel and make a right onto Meadowlands Parkway

* proceed 3/4 of a mile and make a left at the second traffic light onto American Way

* make a right onto Hartz Way

* and when you get to the stop sign go straight and the lot will be on your right hand side

The number to Atlantic Taxi is 201-970-7471 in case you want to call them directly. In summation, obviously, the situation is not optimal and we had hoped that a portion of the parking structure, by now, would have been available to us. We will be actively assisting those attendees that require it that day. Please allow extra time in the morning in case you have to use the lot.

We have heard many collectors who have yet to attend say, "next time..." Well, "next time" is now! Show hours are 10:00 - 4:30 so be sure to arrive early and plan on spending the day. For more information please go to comicartshowcase.com or email us directly at dgallo1291@aol.com

I just put together a big old portfolio of art, 33 pieces. I would not mind walking in with that and walking out with 2 pieces. And I know exactly which two pieces I would prefer!

It was fun seeing Lou again as always. And I got to put a face I known and talked to at shows for years with a name, in fact a name I have been emailing back and forth with lately. So nice to meet you Jeffrey Hartnett! And Mike Williams as well. I also spoke with Michael Finn a few times and he was cheerful and gracious as ever.

And time at Scott Eder's booth was rewarding as ever with great art and great art talk.

I wish I still had that BWS page I traded though, Maybe I will buy it back soon enough.