• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Price Sticker on cover

26 posts in this topic

If I were to submit this book for grading what does cgc do with stickers on the cover.

No experience at all with stickers so would it still come back blue label, how much would they lower the grade, is there a way to remove the sticker?

A press would be great but I'm afraid it would cause damage.

Thanks to anybody who answers.

<a  href=5327878e-951c-4d07-8724-5aa98c217d58_zps

:popcorn:

I kind of like this one with the sticker, but I know the goal is to maximize our comics.

I have worked a few stickers off my comics. I think it all depends on the glue that the sticker was backed with. Sometimes I have just slowly and with extreme caution worked the sticker off with my fingernail. I think I used rubbing alcohol and a Q-tip once and it did a good job.

There are definitely some experts on here who will know the exact product to use so wait for them to answer before you start to remove the sticker.

If you're too frightened to remove it yourself, you can always send it in to the pros for sticker removal. (I wonder what the price is for sticker removal).

Your comic looks fantastic by the way. Good luck with the sticker.

what do you think the grade is?

Looks like it's in the 9.0 range to me so be VERY careful with that sticker. One false move and ARRRGH, it's a 7.0.

Looks more like a 6.5 maybe 7 to me. It is a nice grade book and if you do decide to try to get the sticker off I hope for the best.

purchased it at a show yesterday and the seller was grading it a 7.5-8.0 but like myself wasn't sure how the sticker would be handled by cgc. So I took a gamble and paid just under $200. Never owned a FF 45 before this and I couldn't resist.

I might have to sleep on it and pull the comic out tomorrow and re-assess the sticker. Just hearing that somebody else had the same exact sticker on and was able to remove it has boosted my confidence.

Will update if I decide to pull it.

Thanks for all the advice.

Well, according to the thread up top regarding green label this would clearly get that label. I see a few examples that resemble my comic sticker.

Guess I know what I have to do if I want a blue label :wishluck:

Don't take this as a guarantee BUT I believe you can REQUEST a blue label from the CGC taking into acct. the sticker as a defect with a subsequent lower grade.

The Green label is the default and will give you a grade minus the said defect.

I've got this issue with a detached cover from the lower staple. I wanted to get a blue label but I didn't specify when submitting. Upon further research into others with the same scenario it appears the CGC is willing to give a blue designation with the parameters I mentioned above.

I do believe it's also worth a call to speak with the graders and determine how they'd handle it.

About 15 years ago, I had an Amazing Fantasy #15 that was at least VF+/NM- with a 15c vending machine sticker. My inclination was to remove it, but I noticed there was a very, very slight glue stain on the inside front cover from the sticker, so I backed off from removing it.

I finally got so tired of being pissed every time I looked at it that I traded it off... :(

Whoever drew the cover needs to learn how to aim the guns - non one is shooting at their target and the guy on the left is aiming at his buddy lol

Well, I pulled out the blow dryer and gave it a shot. Not the best results but for my first time not to bad. Looks like I was a bit to hard on the start of my peel and now have a few pieces of color missing next to the L on marvel and on the E of marvel.

The hard part was getting it started and then surprisingly it peeled off easily. Then had to gently remove the adhesive underneath.

Just didn't want a green label. Hopefully CGC agrees to a blue label now.

Thank you everybody for the tips.

<a  href=imagejpg1_zpsbb1ded63.jpg' alt='imagejpg