• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Custom Megos?

9 posts in this topic

Anyone on the board knowledgeable on creating custom mego backboards/figures?

I am interested in getting one done, and doing a search looks like megomuseum.com has a very active community, but I am not interested in signing up for another forum just to ask someone to make me something.

Anyways, if you have the skills let me know!

to be honest I would recommend signing up on that forum. Fantastic stuff there and you are likely to find a maker as well.

Your other options are to check on Ebay. Is a lot of custom mego stuff there as well.

I used to make some custom and repro boxes and cards about 15 years ago. The computer files are on a long dead computer. The artwork was clean- I didn't just scan, but rebuilt the art. Someday I hope to try to retrieve files from that hard drive if possible. Those were fun to make. I also used to make a custom Silver Surfer that was pretty basic but had a great custom card. I used repro Thor heads sans hair, any spare Mego body and an Action Jackson surfboard, all spray painted chrome with face details. Here's a peek in one of my closets showing some old boxes i still have- the purple Batgirl box was for a custom 1960s TV version Batgirl. The gray version near the top was just something different. She looked pretty sharp in it.

LRJxiVE.jpg

to be honest I would recommend signing up on that forum. Fantastic stuff there and you are likely to find a maker as well.

Your other options are to check on Ebay. Is a lot of custom mego stuff there as well.

Yeah I'm thinking I might have to.

Sign up to the Mego Museum Forum. Well worth it if you want advice on how to make one or to commission someone to make one for you.

04.jpg

:takeit:

These are great. I love the Dormamu, looks like a human torch head modified.

I used to make custom megos, been a long while since I did that ( over 10 years ).